3: Love or Nah?

2 Weeks Later...

School again. The only thing that kept me going were the cute guys from it. I mean, they are all tall, athletic and just handsome (props to the coach!). But the one person that has literally never gotten out of my mind is the blond boy that I fell into. Quite frankly, I want to cuddle between his strong arms and feel his warmth wrapping around me.

He makes me want to squeal, which I internally do every time I come across an unbelievably attractive guy, especially those on TikTok.

The feeling of knowing a guy like him can be into you is unreal, yet I want it to be true. The only times I see him are in the hallways, but nothing ever occurs there. I mean, most of the time he is in a hurry or surrounding by a pack of friends that would gobble me up in second if I ever dared to speak to them. Actually, there was a time when he did talk to me. I was in the cafeteria with Holly as she threw chicken nuggets at me for no explicable reason and, suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder. I turn around and there he is. Tall and handsome, as always.

I feel a twist in my guts once his eyes meet mine.

"Can I have your banana?" he asked, voice deep and firm.

I looked at him, tilting my head to the side. Banana? He pointed at my plate and I instantly nodded. I glanced at Holly and she just rolled her eyes at me, continuing to throw her food at me second after he left.

A conversation of a few seconds for a simple banana.

That's how pathetic my life is.

"What was the name of the blond boy?" I asked Holly, leaning close to her. We were at lunch eating together since she's the only one I've talked to. "Who? Jason?" she said as she bit into a red apple. "Well, he's probably the straightest guy in school," she said like it was obvious. "He's cute, though," I said as I planted my elbows on the table and rested my chin on my hands with a smile.

That is when I allowed my imagination flow.

   Him and I were in a land full of green hills and apple trees that spread for miles. I looked forward and see him standing far away. Jason. He was wearing a dark tuxedo with a silver tie and he looked more handsome than he already was. He waved at me and smiled. I started to run towards him and as I took each step, colorful butterflies flew behind me as if they were the actual grass. When I got close to him, looking up at his face, the setting changed into an elegant ballroom. I was wearing a blue tuxedo and silver tie when I hugged him out of nowhere.

"Want to dance?" he asked, extending his hand towards me. I nodded. We walked to the middle of the ballroom and danced a slow song as I rested my head on his strong chest. I swear I could feel his rhythmic heartbeat on my cheek. When I looked back at him, he was looking into my eyes deeply. And he leaned closer and closer —

"Lucas!"

It was Holly.

She looked at me like I was crazy. "Where were you?" she asked.

"Sometimes my imagination runs wild, you know," I answered with a smile, cheeks burning. "Well, now imagine that we are leaving lunch at super-Sonic speed because we are already freaking late!" she exaggerated.

I looked around and the tables were now empty.

"Oh, no!" I said, standing up and throwing my plate away.

"Bye, Holly!" I yelled to her as I ran to class. She waved with a smile.

I ran to class and everyone looked at me. The bell barely rang. And as a normal school, the classroom started clapping like I had won the Olympics. Walking to my desk, with the head down, I realized Jason behind me. "That was just in time, Nerdy," he said as he focused on his pencil. "Yeah? I mean, what? Nerdy?" I asked, already making a fool of myself.

"The New Nerd. That's how everyone is calling you," he said like it was obvious. "Oh," I said, feeling a void in my chest. 'New Nerd.'

"Don't worry," he said, offering a flirting smile. "I so happen to like nerds." He adds that with a subtle wink. A wink?

And of course... I blushed.

Please don't make me fall for a straight boy!

*

I have pretty good ideas for this book, so keep reading!!! ;)
Please like and comment :)