Chapter 3: No...

The sound of a HONK! goes off. I turn around only to see Luke in his car blasting the music. I turn back around and start walking again but get interrupted by Luke, again. I ignore it thinking it will go away after awhile but the cycle just repeats and repeats until I have had it and turn around and put my hand on my hip, tilting my head a bit to show curiosity and annoyance.

"What do you want, Rivers? Do you want to annoy me until the point when I am ready to jump off a cliff? Because I am this close," I motioned with my fingers, leaving a centimeter of space between them, "to actually doing just that. Into a pool of sharks. With acid as water." I state.

"Aw, poor you. Anyway, you want a ride?" I shake my head no and start turning around. I hear a door slam and footsteps behind me. My feet leave the ground and arms are around me.

"Luke? What are you doing?! Put me down right now!" I shout trying to jump out of his arms.

"No, I didn't want to give you a choice, but I thought that would be rude..." We says to me, rolling his eyes at the end.

"AND THIS ISN'T!?" I scream. He opens the car door and slides me inside and puts the seat belt around me. I push against the seat so he wouldn't touch me and he shuts the door when hes finished and walks around. When he gets in, he looks at me. I could see the wheels turning in his head and the gears shifting to something I don't recognize. Almost like a... friendly way.

"Well? We leaving or what?"

"Oh, sorry," He said breaking eye contact, "I am just... I dont know... thankful I guess,"

"For what?"

"To have a friend who's a girl who doesn't attack me everytime I walk by." He finishes, smiling. Wait. He smiled! Not smirked, but smiled. But, I don't remember friend. I remember annoying, rude, friend, however, he sees me as a friend. Or, is he just saying that? I guess we have to find out. He starts the car and we drive off and I crank the music down a bit, listening to Z100. I stare out the window and enjoy the scenery going by as we drive. He isn't a maniac driver like he was with his motorcycle but more careful. What made him change? We pull into my driveway, at my house and I unlock the door. We pull out some food and some chips and go to sit down on the couch. We get our books out and I start teaching him and reviewing. He made a few flirty math jokes put one caught my ears.

"So opposites attract, almost like..." He said looking at me, getting red in his cheeks, smiling. I kept my gaze on the book, avoiding his gaze, getting red myself, "I- I'm sorry." He said glancing down himself. After what feels like a year, but really its only three minutes, I get up and get the TV remote and turn on the TV. I flick through the channels and stop at '50 First Dates'. It was almost like a movie day after that, we watched 'The Guardian' and a dancing movie called 'StreetDance'. We were laughing and joking with each other and enjoyed each others company. During the last movie, Luke had grabbed his sketch-book and started drawing. He looked in the zone and he was turned away from me so I couldn't see it.

"Whatcha drawing?"

"Nothing..." He muttered

"Oh come on!"

"Since when did you care about what I do?" And he's right, when did I start caring? I turn and start watching the movie again with Luke stroking his pencil against the page. He ran his hand through his short brown hair a few times with his tongue sticking out a bit on the corner of his lip. He was definitely concentrated. When the movie is finished, I go up to my room with him walking behind me. I fix up my bed and telling him to go to bed.

"What, are you sleeping on the floor or on the bed with me?" He asks

"Their is no way I'm sleeping on the ground, and their is no way in hell I'm sleeping with you. I am..." I grab a blanket and pillow, "sleeping on the couch downstairs." I say starting to exit through the door.

"Are you sure? I can sleep on the couch if you want?" He asks

"Positive." I exit and climb back down the stairs with him yelling, "Goodnight" to me. I check to see if he left his book down here but notice it's gone. He must've taken it up stairs. I wanted to see what he was drawing...

"I have it up here, princess."

"What?!" I say, acting completely clueless.

"Don't play dumb... my sketch book." He says laughing. I turn off the light and text my parents where I am and go to sleep, using the scrapes of the pencil on the paper as a lullaby.

***

The next morning, I am under the heavy covers and a fluffy pillow under my head. I feel a rhythm of the up-down of an object on my back and I turn around.

What I see is a complete surprise...

Authors Note: What do you think was next to her? What do you think Luke was drawing? Next update coming soon!