Chapter 22: Let the Bluntness Begin

I look at Luke's hopeful eyes, begging for my answer. Do I want to go out with Luke? Fear rushes in as I try and think back to what usually happens on dates for high-schoolers. A date with the ex-player. He obviously has some tricks up his sleeve that I don't know. I'm such a loser. It's not as much if I trust him now and not being sure if this is fake, it's more of what we will do and what will happen. What if something bad happens or I make a fool out of myself? Will he stop talking to me... again? Will I lose him if I mess up?

I look back up at Luke who is now holding my hand in his and forget all the fear. His eyes are warm. Holding the ocean in them and curiosity swimming in them. His pupils dilate and I shift my gaze to his hand holding mine- clearly distracted. I look up at his lips and his perfect smile that's directed at me. I bite my bottom lip as I take in his appearance. I want to be able to hold his hand in school and walk past the envy-filled girls in the halls. I smile up at him.

"Yes. Yes, Luke Rivers, I will go out with you." I proudly smile. This all started when I came up with that plan with Jade to get Luke jealous, but I never thought of what it would lead to. To where I would be after. I look up to Luke's blue eyes and become more excited when I see his eyes squinted from the smile stretched on his lips.

I screech when Luke rolls on top of me and straddles my waist as an evil glint begins to sizzle in his eyes. Fear overcomes my features as he leans forward and wiggles his fingers at my sides, making me laugh hysterically. I gasp for air as he continues tickling me and we both laugh together, "Stop!" I yell but am welcomed by him pressing harder into my sides. I squirm underneath him and continue to yell protests when he swings one leg off so he's on one side and I quickly jump off the bed and run to the other side of the room.

"Oh, no you don't." He challenges and chases after me. I open my bedroom door and run out, hearing his thumping footsteps behind me. I sprint down the stairs and run to the couch, taking a blanket and covering myself with it and grabbing a newspaper. I jump on the couch after checking if the coast was clear and lay the blanket over my flat body and hold the newspaper over my face. Maybe the dumbest plan but seeing how he was rounding the couch now- you could imagine how much time I actually had.

"Gee, I wonder where Claire is." Luke teases before ripping the paper from my hands and throwing it aside so all the sheets fly out, "Oops." He mutters but turns to face my still panting face.

I put my hands over my face, hugging the blanket closer to my body as I mutter through my hands, "I can't see you, you can't see me."

"What are you? See no evil?" He says, smiling.

"If you're the evil." I smirk under my hands and peek through my fingers to see a frown on his face, "What?"

"Did you just call me evil? I draw you a picture of you and ask you out... and you call me evil?" He sits on the couch I'm on and puts his fac in his hands. I take my hands off my face and sit up, looking at his tight-shouldered figure. Guilt sweeps over me as I throw the blanket off my body onto the floor and swing my legs off the couch. I walk infront of him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorr-" I'm cut off by my scream when Luke jumps up and attacks me.

"I can't believe you fell for that!" He laughs as he throws me over my shoulder and begins to head towards the stairs. I pound my fists on his back and kick my feet at nothing before he grabs my legs and holds them down, "On-wards milady!" He shouts while laughing.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"To your bedroom to cuddle." He says bluntly and I stop hitting him.

"Then what after?"

"You tired of me already?" He laughs.

"No!" I quickly reassure, "I mean, no, just curious."

"Alright. After I say goodnight and kiss your forehead and you go to sleep as I drive home."