Chapter 14: Cherry on the Top

The week flew by like a racecar and before I knew it, it was Friday. Friday also known as the day of the party. The party where all the populars go to, not nerds like me, and where nerds like me are, the populars aren't there. They are like lioness, they hunt for the higher ranks of the popularity...system lets call it. Little do they know that it will get them no where in life, besides a job at Burger King or Taco Bell or where-ever. Some are like bears, chameleons, rats- I'm starting to ramble aren't I?

"So what are you wearing tonight?" Jade whispers while elbowing my side.

"Um. I guess jeans-"

"Woah! Did you just say jeans? Who's party do you think this is? There is no way in hell are you wearing just jeans and a top. Talk about nerd alert." Jade explains. She lets out a breath at the end and smiles, knowing she successfully got her point across.

"Well, I don't have a dress. Guess I'm not going." I smile at my words, "To bad." I fake hurt and pout when she looks at me. She stands up and puts her hands on her hips.

"Get up." She whispers but demands, "This is free period and, we my friend, are getting you a dress." She holds out her hand, gesturing me to take it.

"No. I don't want to, I got homework to do, Jade." I rebuke. She rolls her eyes, still keeping her hand next to my arm.

"My arm is dying." She remarked, "C'mon its ninth period, just do your homework at home." Jade pleads. I focus in on my paper and keep on answering my math problems. Shes being stubborn and I am being stubborn. When this happens she always wins because of my guiltiness.

"Or..." I stretch out the word, "we could go dress shopping later and I could do my homework now. We only have forty five minutes left so whats the point."

"Claire, your not making this easy-" She speaks but gets interrupted by my sarcastic remark of, "I'm glad." I say while smiling.

"Ms. Hesse and Ms. Fisher is there a problem?" The teacher calls angrily. We looks up and I shake my head. Jade, on the other hand, had a different idea.

"Yes. Actually there is," She replies, making everyone turn there heads, "She has a doctor appointment to go to and I was instructed to drive her by her mom that is out of town. Her dad is in New York for a construction job right now and can't make it." She adds, "Claire thinks she could get away with not going since I'm driving her there. Isn't that right Claire?" And there is the cherry on the top saying.

"No-"

"You may go, Claire. You and Jade may be excused for the rest of the day. Feel better." The teacher finishes the argument. I send death glares at Jade, while she winks at me. I pack up my bag slowly and everyone goes back to doing their work. She laughs and I flick her the middle finger. She sends one back and I zip up my bag, slinging it over my shoulder.

"Bitch..." I mutter to her while walking by her. We wave goodbye to the teacher and walk through the door.

"Well, a bitch is a dog, dogs bark, bark makes up trees, trees are part of nature, and nature is beautiful so thanks for the compliment." She beams.

"Compliment my ass..." I respond.

"C'mon, Claire. It's just a party." She says after we walk out of the front doors.

"A party? Nerds at a party lead to problems. Problems that include bullying, pranking, and rumors. Populars at a party that are drunk or high are going to act even more immature than they already are. Nerd equals bad, drunk popular equals bad, bad plus bad equals extremely bad. Extremely bad leads to trouble. Trouble leads to pressure. Pressure leads to drinking. Drinking leads to sex and making out. Sex and making out may lead to rape. Rape leads to my virginity being stolen. My virginity being stolen leads to very, extremely mad parents. Mad parents lead to a loaded gun pointing to the person who stole their innocent daughters virgin-ness. And that leads to one less person in this world." I ramble while listing out the possibilities