Meet Ashton

Dear diary,

Calum bought me a new diary! I don't know why but he told me that I used to write in my diary everyday. Everything seems so different. Michael's acting a lot nicer to me, Megan and I are much closer than I thought, and Calum's living with me because he wants to help me get through this. I kept telling him that he doesn't have to do this but he didn't listen to me. What annoys me the most is that I don't even know what happened to me. How did I get amnesia? Whenever I ask someone they just ignore me or change the subject. Anyways Megan's driving me to the candy shop. Apparently I work there. I'm also going to college tomorrow!

Finally Megan parked the car and I put my pen down. I looked at the small store and noticed it had a big sign. "Only store in town that's open for 24 hours!" Who would wanna eat candy at night? When I went in the store I saw a cute boy. Loose strands of hair perfectly framed his head. Wide hazel eyes brought out his natrual beauty, and i couldn't help but stare. You could drown in his dimples. He was truly the man of my dreams.

"Who is he?" I whispered in Megan's ear.

"That guy? He's your manager, Ashton Irwin" She said.

"He's cute!"

"No way! You could do way better."

"Look who's talking. You're the one that's dating my brother! Which by the way is gross."

"What? You used to be ok with me dating Michael. Why have you been such a bitch to me lately?"

"Because just like Calum, you think the same girl you became friends with is still here but she's gone. I'm sorry Megan, but I have to go." I said as I walked away. I looked behind me and saw Megan calling my name. I ignored her instead of talking to her.

*Flashback*

As I looked outside my window, the rain clashed onto it like a thousand little bullets all hitting my window at once. Watching the raindrops trickle down my window, i remembered of when i was younger and pretending they were in a race and always hoping my chosen little raindrop would win. I was awoken from my happy emry by a huge bolt of lightning.Snuggling into my duvet, i could tell this was going to be a long night as the skies roared above me.

I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't. I heard a loud sound. At first I thought it was just the rain hitting my window but it sounded much louder. I looked outside my window and saw a boy throwing rocks at my window. His dark hair was covering his face. He was waving his arms and was calling my name. Calum? I whispered to myself. He was soaking wet. I opened my window so I could understand what he was trying to say.

"May I come in? Please." He screamed.

"Sure?" I said with confusion. "Imma go open the door for you."

"You don't have to." He said with a smile. He carefully climbed up the tree like a monkey. He grabbed the branch and jumped on my window. When he finally went inside my room I noticed he had splinters and cuts all over his hands.

"What were you thinking!" I yelled. "What are you doing here?"

"I missed you." He said with a calm voice.

"I missed you too, Calum." I said as I grabbed a towel.

"I just wanted to say thank you for making me the luckiest man on the world. These four months have been the best time in my life." He said as I was using a towel to wipe his blood away. His hands were still covered with blood.

"You don't need to thank me. What you do need though is someone that is able to take all these splinters off your hands."

"No, you're wrong. All I need is you. I don't care about my hand." He said as he removed my hand away from his.

"That's really sweet of you Calum but it's two in the morning! I really need to get some sleep. I think you should go now."

"Sleep? Sorry but that's not a good enough excuse." He said leaning a bit so out lips were almost touching. I could feel his breath on my lips and I wanted it to stay like that forever. Our lips crashed together, merging as one. He pressed me against my bed, his hands running down my back. Our tongues met in the fiery kiss. The heat between our lips made a moan escape my lips. I gently caressed his neck, not wanting to pull away. He places his hands on my waist, deepening the kiss. Our lips finally separated

Breathing heavily, he whispered in my ear, "This is a good memory in the future."

"Why?" I asked

"It's where your boyfriend whispered to you that he loved you. I love you." He whispered. Tears started forming in my eyes.

We continued to hold each other, silently staring into each others eyes.

"I love you too, Calum."

*Present time*

It's been hours since I started working and I didn't even say one word to this Ashton guy. All I knew was the he was a really attractive guy. He was quiet most of the time and only talked to customers. From where I stood I saw that he has a classical straight nose, high cheekbones, and a flat muscled body. He put his hands through his curly brown hair. After twenty minutes he noticed I was staring at him.

"What are you staring at?" He questioned me

"Not you." I said, trying to hide my face so he doesn't see me blush. There was no way any girl would be able to resist his amazing good looks.

"Oh." He said with a soft calm voice. "I'm sorry about what happened to you."

"Uh, thanks."

"I'll give you your-" Before Ashton could finish his sentence the door opened and I saw Michael standing right in front of me.

"Come on Ariana, let's go."

"Ok, wait in the car. I'll meet you there." I said. He left the store and went back in the car. I turned back to Ashton and waited for him to finish his sentence. Instead of saying something he just awkwardly stared at me. "So what were you going to say?"

"Oh yeah I almost forgot. I'll give you your paycheck next week." He said as he walked away. That's it? I thought to myself. As much as I wanted to talk to him I knew Michael would be mad at me if I made him wait any longer. I left the store and went inside Michael's jeep. Megan said she was going to drive me back home so I surprised when I found out Michael came instead.

"Megan told me to give this to you." He said as he handed me my diary that I left in her car. "Please don't take out your anger on her. She didn't do anything wrong." Michael said. I ignored him. I grabbed my pen and continued to write in my diary.

Dear diary,

I've never felt so alive in my entire life. I can't wait to work again so I could talk to Ashton. He's quiet and shy but I'm hoping I could break down his walls and get to know him. He seems like a really nice guy. I was thinking about what I said to Megan. Maybe Michael was right, she didn't really do anything wrong. I just assumed she was using me. Anyways I'm going to start college tomorrow! Luke's going to show me where all my classes are. After working for seven hours today I don't know how I'm going to wake up in the morning tomorrow.