Chapter 8: Girl Time

Sara and I are once again back at the coffee place at our favorite window seat. Though today it was rainy and cloudy, like my thoughts. I wear a red t-shirt with light blue skinny jeans and some all red nikes. Sara wears a simple pink sun dress with some brown sandals. I don't know about you, but we look bomb as fuck today!

"Sara, I'm really worried." Sara furrows her brows at this.

"What are you so worried about?" I let out a breath before speaking.

"Well, James hasn't came home since last night and I haven't gotten a call from him yet. So I don't know if I should be worried, mad, crazy. Shit, I'm going crazy right now! I just---"

"Woah Lexa! Breath..." I breath in some air, and slowly let it out.

I'm all over the place. After last night, I waited for James to get home, but I gave up and fell asleep around four in the morning. Not only was he not there to help me, he never came home! He has never done this type of thing before, and I hope that this will be the last time. The time I needed my mate the most, he wasn't even there to pick up his god forsaking phone!

What was he doing that kept him from coming home last night?

"Earth to Lexa!"

Sara snaps her fingers in front of my face to get my attention. I blink a few times before coming back to reality. Sara stares at me with concern in her eyes.

"Sorry. I was just thinking." Sara snorts at this.

"Thinking? More like planning somebodies death." I laugh out at this. This is why I love Sara to death. She keeps me laughing when I'm down.

"Don't stress over it. He probably had a lot of work to finish. Ya know, being an Alpha is not that easy." I chuckle at her with a raised brow.

"How would you know? You're not an Alpha." Sara shrugs.

"Have you seen our former Alpha?! His whole head is full of gray hair! Probably from all the stress of being an Alpha."

"Yeah I have, and from the many times I've met him, he doesn't like me all that much."

"At least your mate does. That's what matters." I suddenly get this weird feeling thinking about James. As if he's.... doing something strange. I cant put my finger on it, but I know it doesn't feel good. Sara suddenly stands up from her seat, making me forget those strange thoughts.

"Where you going Sara?" I question her.

"Damon texted me, saying he wants me to come over so he can apologize." She rolled her eyes while grabbing her purse. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. What the hell are they fighting about now?

"What happened this time?" She huffs out air in annoyance before speaking.

"Damon had the audacity to curse me out when I said I wanted to hang out with you instead with him. Sometimes I just need girl time, ya know?" I shake my head while chuckling at her. Damon knows better than to curse out at his mate. Sara as a matter of fact!

"He shouldn't have cursed you out though."

"I know right! Like doesn't he know who I am? Well I gotta go see him, bye Lexa!"

"Bye Sara. See ya later." Sara then walks out of the building.

Lexa looks around the coffee place while drinking her coffee in peace until she sees somebody she never wanted to see again.

//

So I know nobody is reading this story, but I'm still writing it because I feel like it. Well..... until next chapter...