Chapter 2: First In Line

Greg and Alex walk into SRU headquarters, passing Sally at the front desk. "Hey Sally" Greg smiles as he walk around the desk to sign some papers. Sally looks at Greg with a confused look.
"New shirt?" she asks.
"You like?" Greg jokes.
"Pink, uh?" Sally snickers.
"I thought he should try, just a little pop of colour in his life" Alex laughs as she stands in front of Sally.

Greg looks at the two girls and smiles. "The high risk world of internet shopping" Greg explains sarcastically.
"I told him to go for the blue" Alex admits as she walks towards her father.
"Mornin, Sarge" Jules voice says as she walks past Greg and Alex.
"Morning, Jules" Greg advises as he continues to sign papers.
"Hey Jules" Alex smiles as she walks with Jules down the hall.
"Hey, Alex. I didn't see you there" Jules smiles.
"I know, it's the pink shirt. Can't see anything except it" Alex laughs as she says it loud enough for Greg to hear.
"I heard that" Greg smiles as Alex looks back at her father.
"I love you" Alex smirks.
"I love you too" Greg replies.

Jules turns around and looks at Greg. "We're breaking in the rookie. Want to watch?" Jules shouts.
"Yeah. Give me five" Greg says as he places the pen down and turns to walk in the other direction.

Alex and Jules walk to the training room office and see Sam waiting there smiling. "Okay, Braddock. You ready to do this?" Alex asks as Jules walks into the weapons room.
"Anything to protect such a beautiful girl like you" Sam smiles.
"Watch it Sam. That's the boss's daughter" Jules snickers.
"Really?" Sam questions shocked as he looks back towards Alex.
"Really. I mean, the last names didn't give it away? Or you know, Norm saying when you were introduced" Alex smiles, and walks back towards Jules hearing a laugh escape her lips as well.
"Alright, alright. You got me there" Sam sighs, defeated.

"Ten rounds, ten targets. You don't get to miss" Jules explains as she loads the gun.
"I don't miss" Sam explains as he walks around Jules towards the door.
"Uh hu" Jules mentions quietly as she gets the computer setup.
"This weeks mock up is courtesy of Bob the Builder" Jules explains as she looks at the screen with all the camera views on it.

Sam looks down at the computer shocked as his eyes go wide. "Three-sixty simulation?" Sam asks.
"Only the best for the proud men and woman of the SRU" Alex smiles as Jules walks over towards a black door, that leads into the training room. Sam grabs the gun off the table and walks through the door Jules just unlocked.
"Live ammo right?" Sam asks with a big smile on his face.
"Always" Jules explains.
"Hey" Alex says as she grabs the night vision goggles off of the table.
"You'll need these" she explains as she throws them at Sam and then shuts the door.
"Let's do this" Alex smiles as she turns around and looks at Jules.
"Happy too" Jules snickers.

Alex and Jules sit down in the chairs in front of the computer and Jules types away, setting up the training mock up. "Here we go" Jules smiles.
"Play nice" Greg warns as he walks into the office and stands behind them with his arms crossed.

Jules starts the simulation and pop up targets start jumping out behind the walls. Sam quickly turns around and shoots everyone that comes. "Already started?" Lou asks as him and the rest of Team One walk into the office.
"Oh, you're just in time" Alex smiles, turning back around to face the computer screen. Jules presses more buttons making more targets jump out.
"Sam-tastic" Spike jokes as Sam continues to hit all of the targets.

"Let's hope no one turns off the lights" Wordy says sarcastically with a big smile on his face. Alex looks at Jules quickly and Jules looks down at the keyboard.
"Go head" Jules advises. Alex reaches over and quickly types '1722' on the keyboard, causing the lights in the simulation room to go off.
"Thank god, for night vision cameras" Lou laughs.

They all watch as Sam puts on his night vision goggles and continues to hold his gun up. Jules sends the last targets out and Sam hits every single one of them.