New Territory

"Don't wait for the perfect moment. Take the moment and make the most out of it." That's what my mum used to tell me. This applied to me right now. After shopping, Aria dropped us all back to our houses. However, I went back to Alisons to have the makeover of my life. In a few minutes, when Ali came back from the bathroom, I would be turned into Ava.

Looking around Alison's room, I noticed how interested she was with Paris. She had posters, statues, ornaments and even postcards. It was like I was in a Paris hotel room.

Alison: You ready sweetie? Youre going to look beautiful.

She pulled out a stunning outfit from the shopping bag; it was a beautiful white skirt and black laced top that Spencer and Alison picked out. I didnt approve though, as I knew I couldnt pull off something that flattering.

Avery: I can't wear this. It won't look right.

Alison: Trust me. You'll be surprised.

I put it on but didn't look in the mirror; I didn't want to ruin the surprise. It actually fit quite well. I walked out nervously from the bathroom.

Alison: That looks great on your body. Now for the makeup and hair!

She pulled my hair back and applied a bunch of what felt like some yucky liquid. Different powders and liquids were smacked onto my face; I felt like I was wearing a mask.

Moving onto my hair, she took out the hair tie and got out the curlers. She took each strand and gently wrapped it around a wand. She did it so delicately, I almost couldn't feel it.

Then she turned round the mirror. In the reflection, I saw a person I did not recognize. However, every action I did, every expression I made, was identical to what I was doing. Was this really me? I stared at myself long and hard, until Ali snapped the mirror closed.

Alison: Wow...

Avery: Wow indeed...

Alison: I knew I was good, but I never knew I was that good of an artist. You should consider me a goddess.

My heart sunk a little. Of course she wasn't talking about how amazing I looked; I forgot that all she cared about was herself.

For a moment she stared long and hard into my eyes, not stopping to blink. I felt very uncomfortable.

Alison: Hmm

Avery: Is something wrong?

Alison: There's only one more step to your makeover... becoming popular.

That wasn't going to happen overnight, people didn't even know my name!

She grabbed my phone out of my new Micheal Kors bag and unlocked it straight away (how she did it I don't know).

Avery: Ali what are you doing?

Alison: What do you think will be a good username? Wait I got it. It's going to be @Velvetava

Avery: You're not setting up a social media for me are you?

Alison: Duh. Profile picture time. We need to take one of you in your new makeover; let's go outside.

She made me do things that didn't feel right. In one of the pictures I was posing in front of a tree, which was not normal.

A Few Days Later

A few days had passed since my makeover with Alison. Since it was the weekend, nobody at school had seen the new me yet. However, I had become very popular on social media.

I had even started linking with a boy, Noel Kahn, who was the boy that Aria and I had spotted at the mall.