Blackout

ONE YEAR LATER

I opened my calendar and marked off the day, 7th August. It had been one year since Hanna left us. That night we were devastated, but Toby supported and stood by us the whole time. We decided not to tell anyone but Hanna's family about the incident, as we didn't want to cause too much drama. Hanna was so lovely, it was a shame she decided that this life wasn't for her.

When we came home the next morning after sorting things out at the hospital, we decided to tell Alison about what happened. At first she laughed at us, classical Ali move, but soon realised by our expressions that we really weren't joking. Alison was the most devastated out of us all; she finally realised that what she was doing was wrong. She wasn't as mean now, but at times she could still be a bitch.

Us five girls were still close, but it always felt like something was missing.

Noel and I didn't last very long, as we both worked out that we were completely different people. Although we were great friends, me and Toby even had a small thing going on soon after I split up with Noel. I think I just did it for someone to lean on, as I was still recovering from the loss of Hanna. We both decided we preferred our friendship relationship than a love one.

Sarah: Sweetheart quick! (She called up the stairs excitedly)

I haven't seen my mum this excited since the new episode of Prison Break.

Avery: What is it mum?

Sarah: An email has just been sent out about going to an acting camp run by Mrs Dilaurentis! She's specially picked you to represent Rosewood!

During the year, I had really got into acting. I would practise different accents from around the world and even impersonate characters from my favourite TV shows. After the death of Hanna, it motivated me to do more with my life.

Avery: That's great! I'm really excited.

~Spencer's POV~

I woke to the blazing sunlight shining through the barn windows. My head was rested on Toby's shoulder. Trying not to wake him, I gently lifted my head.

Toby: Good Morning beautiful

Spencer: Toby. Sorry for waking you, you can carry on sleeping for a while if you want.

Me and Toby had been getting really close over the past few months. It started when he and Avery had just broken up, and he needed a French tutor. Me being the French expert I am, I offered to tutor him. After going round his house almost every night, we created a special bond. I could tell Avery didn't like it at first, but I asked if it was ok and she said it was fine.

Toby: We have a special day planned for us today (he did a big cheesy grin)

Spencer: Really? Ooh tell me

Toby: I can't. It'll spoil the surprise. Go get ready we need to leave soon.

I look at my watch to see its almost 10:00 already.

Spencer: What time do we need to leave then? Do we have time for breakfast?

Toby: Breakfast? Who ever has time for breakfast.

I laugh at his joke. He looks round the sofa with a frown.

Spencer: What are you looking for?