Lost

HamBurr One Shot

So this is based off the song obedient servant just with a twist at the end. This beautiful musical belongs to Lin-Manuel Miranda.  Well here we go Mon Cheris

Burr's POV

I couldn't believe I lost, well I guess I need to congratulate Thomas I'll be working with the man. I walked over to Jefferson offering a hand to shake, "congrats on a race well won, but I did give you a fight" I chuckled lightly.  He scoffed like the arrogant *sswhole he is, I smiled anyways. "I look forward to our partnership"

        "Our partnership?". I was tempted to roll my eyes didn't the idiot know I was going to be vice president.

        "As your vice-president" I gave a bigger smile.

        He turned to talk to his little boyfriend Madison, "Ha. Yeah, right. You hear this guy? Man openly campaigns against me, talkn' bout, 'I look forward to our partnership'."  I sat there with a stupid smile, while he talked about me like I wasn't in the room. I listened until he turned to me, "Burr, when you see Hamilton, thank him for the endorsement" I lost the smile and Jefferson smirk grew wider. Before I got a word in he walked off arm in arm with Madison.  

        I stood there silently processing everything I just heard. Hamilton endorsed Jefferson. HIS ENEMY just to keep me from winning! He Kept me from the room where it happens for the last time. I'm tired of waiting for it.

3rd person POV

Burr went home, he sat down at his desk with a quill and began to write.

-Letter-

Dear Alexander,

I am slow to anger, but I toe the line. As I reckon with the effects of your life on mine. I look back on where I failed and in every place I checked, the only common thread has been your disrespect. Now you call me "amoral,"

A "dangerous disgrace," If you've got something to say

Name a time and place, face to face.

I have the honor to be your obedient servant, A. Burr

He read over the letter again before, and had it delivered to Hamilton. He was angry, he felt betrayed and hurt.

~time skip of like a while~

        Burr looked on his desk to see he had received a letter from Hamilton, he sat down to read it expecting an apology.

-Letter-

Mr. Vice President,

I am not the reason no one trusts you. No one knows what you believe. I will not equivocate on my opinion,

I have always worn it on my sleeve. Even if I said what you think I said, you would need to cite a more specific grievance. Here's an itemized list of thirty years of disagreements:

Burr looked at the following pages, "Sweet Jesus", he returned to reading the letter.

Hey, I have not been shy. I am just a guy in the public eye

tryin' to do my best for our republic. I don't wanna fight,

but I won't apologize for doing what's right.

I have the honor to be your obedient servant

A. Ham

Burr sat there getting angrier by the second. The man he had grown closer to over the years, a dear friend, a fellow soldier, believed that his enemy was a better choice than him! He started to angrily write his response.

-Letter-

Careful how you proceed, good man. Intemperate indeed, good man. Answer for the accusations I lay at your feet or prepare to bleed, good man.

Hamilton's POV

I read over Aaron's response and began to tiredly write my own.

-Letter-

Burr, your grievance is legitimate. I stand by what I said, every bit of it. You stand only for yourself, it's what you do. I can't apologize because it's true.

I reread numerous times befimediantlyg it aside. I wiped the tears that were somehow falling down my cheeks. I took off my glasses, exchanging them for a coat. I had to go somewhere and the walk would give me plenty of time to think.  I quietly left the house making sure not to wake up Eliza and the children.

        On the way I was thinking about everything I've lost. I looked up to see I was outside of Aaron Burr's door. I took a deep breath and knocked, hoping he would answer.

Burr's POV

        I woke up hearing a knock at my door.  I slowly made my way to the door, grabbing my pistol before opening it. I saw Alexander at the door and my anger immediately grew. I pointed my pistol at him, "Why are you here?" I asked bitterly.

        "Sorry" he said looking down. As I noticed a tear slip down his cheek. We were the same height, but at the moment he looked so small. He turned to walk away, but I grabbed his shoulder.

        "Wait, come in Alexander" He nodded following me in.  "What's wrong?" I asked as I sat down, motioning  for him to sit next to me. He looked at me, sitting down. "What's going on Alexander?"

He took a deep breath, "I am sorry Burr. The people were pressuring me a-and my father leaving. My mother's, cousin's, and brother's death. The death of Washington, my first love, my son. Losing the trust of my wife, Angelica, and Peggy. I lost my position, my respect, everything I've worked hard for. I lost my you, my first friend. I lost myself" he started to cry again.

        I hugged him, "Alexander everything will work out and you did not lose me" I lifted his face wiping the tears from his gorgeous eyes. "Talk less. Smile more. I love you Alexander, I'm sure" He looked at me, but didn't respond. I immediately knew I messed up. "I-I'm sor-"

He cut me off with a kiss, it took me a moment to respond before I kissed back. It was a short, sweet kiss before he pulled away, "I love you too". I smiled before he stood up. "Well I should head back home"

        I grabbed his arm, pouting a little, "Stay" He looked at me with a condescending smile at my clinginess. "It's dark out a-and you could get hurt". We both knew that was a lie, Alexander could walk home and be fine.

        "Okay, I'll spend the night with my dearest Burr" I felt my cheeks heat up and he gave a sly smile. I smiled grabbing his hand and leading him to my room. I put up my pistol away and tossed a large white shirt at him. Alexander started to remove his close as I looked away, now sure I looked like a tomato. Alex came up to me and turned me around looking sexy as hell in my shirt. He kissed my red cheeks and pulled me over to the bed.

        I hugged him and he had his legs wrapped around me, I smiled hearing his soft snores and kissed the top of his head before falling asleep with my Alexander in my arms. You heard me correctly my Alexander.