Chapter 15: Love Birds

June's POV

After that little incident, our relationship was like any other couple, we went on dates, watched movies, cuddled on the couch, ate dinner...

It was nice sharing your life your someone, especially one that cares about you. Soon the company's profits skyrocketed because of the Merger with the Ellis Corporation, we threatened to bring them to court because we had a prior agreement and they would be breaking it if they merged with our rival company.

"Hey Robin, do you want to eat out or do you want me to cook something?"

"Mhm, why don't I take you out? Its been a while since we had dinner out" he replied

"Okay, just give me 10 minutes to get ready"

I fixed my hair and makeup and slipped on a grey cardigan because it was slightly cold outside.

"Where are we going to eat?" I asked, once I was in the car

"Does Italian sound okay?"

"Sure"

We pulled up next to a fancy modern looking restaurant called Mio Caro [My Dear]. The interior had a rustic feel to it, the atmosphere was relaxing with a piano playing in the background.

"Hello, can I get anything started for you?" the waiter said, "Perhaps some wine?"

"We'll get the Sauvignon Blanc" Robin replied

"Excellent choice sir, I'll get that for you right away"

The waiter came back with the bottle of wine and poured it for us, I swirled the contents and took a sip. The flavor was fruity with hints of lemon, strawberry and melon.

"Mhmm this wine is excellent"

"I'm glad you like it ma'am, are you ready to order?"

"Yes, I'll take the carbonara" Robin said

"And I'll the shrimp scampi" I replied

"Excellent, I'll have those ready for you shortly"

The food arrived, and the taste and aroma was absolutely delicious! The shrimp was fresh and just melted into your mouth. We didn't even have enough room for dessert...

After dinner, we decided to take a stroll in the park, the evening air was cool and crisp as the autumn leaves blew by, I shivered slightly in my thin cardigan and continued walking. Something heavy and warm was slipped around my shoulders, I glanced up and saw that Robin had taken off his jacket.

"Are you sure you won't be cold? I don't want you to catch a cold later" I said looking apologetic

"I'm fine, and if you don't take my jacket, you're going to catch a cold too" he said smiling warmly down at me

After the nice walk, we drove home and got ready for bed, I kept tossing and turning and I couldn't shake this nagging feeling that I had in the back of my mind. I walked out of my room and towards Robin's room, I knocked quietly and poked my head in.

"Robin?" I said softly

He immediately shot out of bed, "June? Whats wrong? Are you hurt?"

I laughed quietly at his response, "I couldn't sleep, can I sleep with you?"

"Yeah come over here" he said making room for me

I slipped into bed beside him, burying my face into his chest, his arms slipping around my waist, bringing me even closer.

"Good night June" he said placing a gentle kiss on my forehead

"Night" I said my voice muffled

----------------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter is a little short, and I'm sorry! But I promise the next one will be even longer!

Thank you for reading, your support means a lot!

~Winnie