3. Hot Doctor Date

Kayla wanted to look good for her thing with Jack - she didn't know whether or not to call it a date - but she didn't bring any dresses with her to Baltimore. Luckily Nisa did and offered to lend her one for the night. The two split an uber to Nisa's hotel so that Kayla could get ready.

Kayla sat in front of the bathroom mirror while Nisa touched up her makeup, applying contour and highlight to her cheekbones and a nude lip color to her lips. She pulled Kayla's curls into a sleek and elegant top knot, accessorizing the look with a pair of dangling earrings. After Nisa finished with hair and makeup, she walked into the bedroom where she took a beautiful white satin slip dress and a pair of nude wedges from her suitcase.

"Treat her with care," she said, referring to the dress, which looked expensive. "I better not catch her crumpled on the floor after a wild night of sex," she teased.

"We won't be having sex," Kayla said firmly.

"Sure Kayla, you don't have to bullshit me. There's no shame in it," Nisa giggled, handing Kayla the dress and heels.

"Do you think the heels might be doing too much?" Kayla asked her.

"The more the better right?" she winked. And then when she saw Kayla was serious she added, "He didn't tell you what you two would be doing so you gotta be prepared for anything. Plus flats just wouldn't do the dress justice."

Kayla nodded.

When she came out of the bathroom, fully dressed, Nisa's mouth fell open.

"Wow you look better in my dress than I look in my dress," she exclaimed.

"Impossible," Kayla laughed.

"Its 5! You better get over to the hospital quick. Don't wanna keep your hot doctor date waiting"

"Not a date," Kayla stressed, taking out her phone to request an uber.

"As much as I wish you would ditch your boy toy and have a night of adventure on the town with me instead, I suppose there'll be plenty of time for that," Nisa hugged her. "Be safe, have fun. And remember, you can always call if you need help."

"Thanks Nisa," Kayla said hugging tighter, "for everything."

---

Once inside the Children's Center, Kayla headed for the elevators. She was running late, so she impatiently jammed the "4" button repeatedly in the elevator, as if that would make it go faster. She stepped out onto the 4th floor and looked around. There were doctors, nurses and techs everywhere, hurriedly speed-walking from one side of the corridor to the other. She walked up to the reception desk in the middle of the common area. The unit secretary at the desk did a double take.

"Ex-Excuse me, how can I help you?" The woman asked, gawking at her.

"Yes I'm looking for Dr. Holland?" Kayla smiled politely.

"I, um, hold on," the woman fumbled, typing on her computer.

"Kayla!" Jack's deep voice boomed from across the room. Today he was freshly shaven, wearing dark blue scrubs and a red scrub cap with teddy bears on it. As he walked over, Kayla noticed a few nurses shooting her dirty looks.

He wrapped Kayla in a tight bear hug and then stood back with his hands on her shoulders, looking her up and down.

"You look absolutely stunning," he smiled. "I hope you haven't been waiting long."

She blushed, "Thank you. And no, I just got here."

"Let me change out of these scrubs real quick and we can go, okay?"

"Take your time," she said, "I'll be here."

Kayla sat down in one of the chairs in the waiting area. One woman, who looked like she might have been a resident, kept looking up from her chart to stare. Kayla took out her phone to text Nisa about it.

[Friday March 31 5:36 pm]

Kayla: At the hospital

Kayla: SOS

Kayla: The women here keep giving me the stink eye... I mean if looks could kill...

Nisa: Srsly?

Nisa: Jealous bitches

Nisa: Don't sweat it K

"You ready?" Jack said. Kayla looked up. He was rolling up the sleeves of the white button down shirt he wore with the top two buttons  undone. He had on gray dress pants and brown loafers.

She stood up. "You look nice." She made it a point to look him up and down, imitating him.

"You're silly," he laughed, holding out his arm for her. "I hope you like seafood,"he said.

"I love seafood," Kayla grinned, taking his arm.