22. Jell-O

Kayla rolled over in bed, opening her eyes slightly - the sun shining in from the window was almost blinding. When her eyes adjusted she saw Jack, sitting up on the other side of the bed in his boxer briefs, going through emails on his phone, stylus clenched between his teeth. Hearing the sheets rustle, he looked over at her and grinned when he saw that she was awake.

"Well good morning, sleeping beauty," he chuckled.

Kayla sat up, pulling the covers up to cover her bare chest with one hand and using the other hand to attempt to smooth her wild, curly bedhead. She was still naked from the night before, her panties lost somewhere in the bedsheets.

"What time is it?" She asked groggily.

"Ten 'til eleven," Jack said, setting his phone and stylus down on the nightstand.

"How long have you been up?"

"About an hour maybe? I let you sleep, thought you'd be tired after last night."

A smile crept to her face as she remembered all that they had done last night. Noticing her smiling, Jack pulled her towards him and gave her a peck on the lips.

"Do you have to work today?" Kayla asked.

"Yeah I've got a surgery in a couple hours so I've got to get going soon." He paused, "Actually, do you think could I use your shower before I go?"

Kayla smiled, "Only if I can join you." Now that she had an idea of what she'd been missing out on for the past 3 years she couldn't get enough.

Jack stood up. "You need me to carry you there?" he smirked.

"Why would I need you to-" she said, getting out of bed.

But as soon as she stood up she understood. Her legs felt like Jell-O and they betrayed her as her knees buckled beneath her.

"Oh my God," she gasped. Jack caught her before she could fall to the floor.

"Easy there," he said with slow chuckle, scooping her up honeymoon-style.

He carried her to the bathroom, grabbing a condom from the huge pile on Kayla's desk as he passed.

"I'm going to set you down okay," Jack said. She nodded. He put her down and turned on the shower. He looked back to see Kayla, gripping onto the sink for dear life and laughed at the sight.

"Aw, my poor baby," Jack cooed. He wrapped his arms around her, resting his chin on her head.

"You sure you can handle more?" He pulled his chin away to smirk down at her. "Say the word and we can just-"

"I can handle it," Kayla said boldly, straightening up.

"Alright then," Jack grinned at the eagerness in Kayla's voice.

He lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his torso as he carried her into the shower. The hot water drenched them instantly as they stood under the streamline of the shower head. Jack set her down and began to trail kisses from her lips down her neck. She moaned softly as his hands simultaneously explored her body. "Turn around," he commanded in a low, seductive growl - and who was she to deny him.

---

Kayla was working on homework on the couch where she had been sitting for the past few hours, due to her inability to walk around, when Nisa came through the front door.

"Where have you been?" Kayla said.

"Ryan, Dom, Adam and I went to a movie last night. I ended up sleeping over." Nisa shrugged. "How was your night with Prince Charming?"

"Like a double date? And you slept over at Ryan's or you slept at Dom and Adam's?" Kayla asked, trying to understand, ignoring Nisa's question for the moment.

"Yeah it was a double date. And I slept at Dom and Adam's place."

"So you're choosing Dom?"

"Yeah," Nisa said, opening the fridge and taking out a can of Coke. "I guess I am. Want one?" She held up the Coke.

"Sure."

Nisa pulled out a second can and set it on the counter, shutting the fridge.

"Can you just toss it here?"

"What? No, I'm not going to toss you the carbonated beverage, Kayla. What's wrong with you? You have two legs, you can walk," she teased. Little did she know...

"Actually..." Kayla trailed off.

"What?" Nisa said, confused. Then her jaw dropped as she put the pieces together.

"Shut the fuck up... you didn't! Was it good? Shit, well it had to have been good if you can't even walk across the room to get a can of Coke," she said, answering her own question, as she brought the Coke over to the couch and plopped down on it. "Last night?"

"And this morning," Kayla blushed.

"How do you feel?"

"Sore," Kayla groaned.

"That's not what I meant," Nisa laughed.

"I'm happy," Kayla sighed contentedly.

"I see that. You're glowing," Nisa smiled, seeing the look on her face.

"And what about you?" Kayla asked, "Are you happy with Dom?"

"I mean he's nice, he treats me well, you know?"

"But you're happy right? You like him?"

"Yeah," Nisa nodded with a small smile. "You get started on the Clinical Foundations homework yet?" she changed the subject.

"No, not yet. Want to do it together?"

"Yeah hold on let me get my book," Nisa said, standing up.

"Could you do me a favor and get mine too? It's on my desk."

Nisa laughed. "Sure," she got up and walked into Kayla's room, turning on the light.

"Kayla what the hell?" she gasped when she saw the mountain of condoms.

"Oh shit yeah, I forgot to put those back," Kayla laughed.