Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I wake up at 6:30 on Tuesday morning to a warm, beautiful day. The birds chirping, the sun shining. Sounds perfect doesn't it?

Too bad that's not the way it happened.

I woke up late at seven o'clock. It was a nasty, cold, rainy day outside, and my hair was an absolute mess. And on top of that, I had a massive headache. Wonderful.

I had to rush around trying to get ready for school. I quickly tied my hair up in a messy bun, and threw on a pair a jeans and a pink top. I brushed my teeth, out on some makeup, then rushed downstairs.

Usually my dad was waiting for me in the living room to take me to school, but I looked around downstairs and didn't find him anywhere.

"Dad?" I called.

I checked the kitchen, the dining room, the living room, and every other room downstairs before I realized something awful: he was still asleep.

I bolted up the steps, almost falling down them a couple times, and stormed into my parents' bedroom. There was my dad, laying in his bed sound asleep. I rushed over to him and began shaking him furiously.

"Dad, wake up! I'm going to be late!"

"Hmm?" my dad mumbled.

"Wake up, Dad! You gotta drive me to school!"

My dad sat up slightly and checked the clock.

"I won't be ready in time," my dad said, still half asleep. "You're going to have to walk to school today, sweetie."

"But, Dad, it's pouring outside!" I said, but he was already back to sleep.

I had to walk to school in the pouring rain. This day was not starting out well at all.

I ran back down the stairs, donned my sweatshirt and began my torturous walk to school.

I was soaking wet when I wasn't even half way to school. I was starting to shiver when a car pulled up next to me. The passenger window rolled down to travel a smirking Ryan Martin.

Dang, could this day get any worse?

"Hey, princess. Having a nice walk?" Ryan smiled.

"Wonderful," I rolled my eyes.

"Need a ride, Reeker?"

"Heck no! I'd rather freeze to death than ride to school with you!"

"Oh, really? You sure, princess?" Ryan grinned.

I stood there a minute before I decided that it was too freaking cold to walk all the way to school. I wasn't even half way there, and I was already freezing.

"Fine," I muttered as I got in the passenger seat.

After I closed the door and buckled up, I looked over to find Ryan smirking.

"Drive. I don't want to be late," I told him.

"Yes, ma'am," he said, tipping two fingers down in a mock salute.

He stepped on the gas, slamming me back in my seat. I held on for dear life, praying that Ryan wouldn't kill us. 

"Where the heck did you get your license?" I asked as he whipped around a corner.

"What license?" Ryan said.

My eyes went wide. Ryan burst into laughter when he saw my face. I don't know why he found my horrified expression funny, but it made me want to punch him even more.