Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"That was the best date ever!" Hannah said dreamily as Cameron drove us home.

"That was terrible," I mumbled.

"Are you kidding me? You and Ryan are so cute!" She smirked, "And you two are totally into each other."

"Hannah! You know I don't like him like that. I don't even consider him a friend," I protested.

"Whoa whoa wait, what happened? What'd I miss?" Cameron asked Hannah.

Hannah gave him a summary of what happened with me and Ryan when he'd caught me from falling.

Cameron grinned at me through the rear view mirror, "You two totally like each other."

"We do not!" I exclaimed.

Hannah and Cameron chuckled, not believing me. I ignored them the rest of the ride home. When we pulled into the driveway, I ran straight to my room before my parents could interrogate me about the date.

"I so wish I wouldn't have gone on that date," I whined to Hannah as I collapsed back on my bed.

"That was perfect," Hannah sighed contently.

I laughed humorlessly, "For you maybe! You and Kyle were all cute and romantic the whole time while Ryan just annoyed me."

She rolled her eyes "He wasn't being annoying. He was trying to flirt with you and have fun with you since you were on a date, but you were too focused on how much you think you don't like him to notice."

"You don't know what you're talking about since you don't have to deal with him, Han," I pointed out.

"He's not as bad as he used to be and you know it," Hannah said like she could read my mind.

"Can we please talk about something else?" I pleaded.

"Like what? What could possibly be more important than this?"

I smirked as I realized the one thing she'd want to talk about even more than me and Ryan, "What about you and Kyle?"

Her eyes lit up, "Oh. My. Gosh. He's so sweet! He was such a gentleman today. And I don't know if you noticed but he's really funny too. He makes me really happy. I wish he'd just ask me out already."

"I could talk to him about it for you," I offered, grinning.

"No! Do not say anything about it. At all. Please, Lexi, don't embarrass me."

I chuckled, "Alright. I'll behave."

She sighed in relief, "Thank you."

I was about to say something when I heard a knock at the front door. Me and Hannah rushed down the stairs and peered around the wall to get peek at the front door.

My mom opened the door and said, "Ryan, how are you, dear?"

Me and Hannah jumped back behind the wall so Ryan didn't see us.

"What's he doing here?" I whisper shouted to Hannah.

She shrugged and looked as confused as I felt.

"Yeah, she's here," I heard my mom say.

"Alexis, you have a visitor!" Mom yelled.

I waited a few seconds then went to the front door. Mom smiled at Ryan then left me alone with him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. It came out way meaner than I'd meant it to.

Ryan looked kind of hurt but quickly covered it with a small smile.