Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I was freaking out about my date with Tyler. It'd taken me an hour just to decide what to wear. He'd told me something casually and comfortable would be fine, but I didn't want to get so casual and comfortable that I didn't look cute so I had some struggles with that.

After about three and a half hours of getting ready, I finally decided I looked decent enough. Which was good too because ten minutes later, at six fifteen, Tyler arrived at my house in his old truck to pick me up.

Tyler smiled at me as I approached him in his truck, "Hey, Lexi. Hop in."

"So..." I attempted to break the silence as Tyler drove. "Where are we going? Dinner? Movie? Mall?"

I watched out the window as houses and trees rushed passed. It was almost dark out, the sun getting ready to set.

Tyler glanced at me and smirked, "Better."

That left me curious, but I started to get plain confused as we drove out toward the country.

I noticed we were approaching a large, grassy field. There was a forest of trees off to one side of the field, but the rest was wide open. I could see the sun slowly sinking in front of the field.

Tyler slowed the truck down and pulled off the side of the road, parking in the field.

"Um, Tyler?"

"Yes, Lexi?"

"What are you doing?" I asked, now completely confused.

Tyler only smiled at me then hopped out of the truck. I watched as he jogged over to my door and opened it for me like the true gentleman he was.

He grabbed a bug blanket and a smaller blanket from the bed of his truck then took my hand in his and led me out farther into the field. Once he'd decided we'd gone out far enough, he stopped and laid the big blanket out flat on the grass.

I smiled, starting to catch on.

Tyler sat on the blanket, facing the sun which was preparing to set in probably just a few minutes.

"Sit," Tyler said, simply.

I obeyed, sitting next to him on the soft blanket. He covered our legs with the smaller blanket then wrapped his arm around me, pulling me to his side.

I rested my head on his shoulder, and we silently watched as the sun slowly sunk into the horizon until it had disappeared completely. It was now dark and calm and completely peaceful. I was content with just sitting there with Tyler for the rest of the night.

"Look up," Tyler whispered.

I turned my head toward the sky and smiled.

"Whoa," I breathed in awe.

Thousands of twinkling stars dotted the night sky like paint on a canvas. Since we were out in the country, there were no city lights to hamper the stars' shining light tonight. The sky was clear and bright. The constellations shone boldly. The sight was gorgeous and absolutely breathtaking.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Tyler asked as I stared up at the sky.

"Yeah, it's amaz-" I started to say, but stopped when I looked at him and realized he was looking at me not the sky.

I cleared my throat and looked back up, "Uh, yeah. The stars are beautiful."

I heard Tyler laugh then lay down so that he was looking straight up at the sky. I did the same and smiled at how even more amazing the sky looked.

"Hey, there's the Big Dipper," I pointed up at the constellation.

"And there's the Little Dipper," Tyler pointed.

"Ooh, where are those twin guys?" 

Tyler chuckled, "You mean Gemini?"

I grinned, "Yeah, them." 

He pointed at the constellation off to the left, "Gemini is right there."

"What's your favorite constellation?" I asked him. 

"Orion," Tyler said pointing to the archer constellation.

My eyes lit up, "Orion is my favorite too! His arrow always points East."

He looked at me and smiled, "Yeah, that's right."

"Do you come out here often?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, I've come here every night since we moved here. I found it while I was exploring the town. I come out here to think or just to relax and be alone."

"This is a really nice little spot you found," I commented.

 Tyler glanced at me out the corner of his eye, "I can bring you out here anytime you want." 

I smiled, "Really?"

He shrugged, "Why not? This is our spot now, how about that?" 

"Our spot," I repeated. "Does that mean that we're going to be hanging out a lot?"

Tyler smiled, "I hope so."

A/N: Hey everyone! I am soooo sorry that this is so short and that it's taken me so long to post! I've been crazy busy! But I've only got 3 more days of school so hopefully I'll be posting more often. I'm trying my best so please bear with me. Thanks for reading! Hope y'all enjoy. Comment/vote/share. Love y'all (: