two

AN: quick little note here in the beginning, ok so, i'm just gonna say here that the updates aren't gonna be extremely frequent and if y'all haven't noticed, i've fallen outta wattpad a bit, but i'm tryna come back and finish up my stories :)))) i literally feel guilty everyday i don't write and during spring break i'm just gonna try to write as much as i can, i hope you guys bear with me <3 and don't forget i love you all so very much!!

luke

What just happened?

I'm not exactly sure.

Did I offend her?

I sat through the rest of class, with these thoughts pondering through my head. I couldn't seem to let go of her, or even the thought of her. She was intriguing and the way she thought about love made me curious.

I might also add, that she was pretty, but that isn't what really drew me towards her. Not in a way of affection, of course. She just had something about her, different from other girls.

~

After the end of class bell rung, I locked my eyes on the girl and hurried after her. She was a pretty damn fast walker and I didn't catch up to her until we had exited the school and were walking down the street.

I tapped her shoulder cautiously and she turned around, "Hi, I'm Luke..." I introduced myself awkwardly.

"Ah, you're the lover boy," she said with a grimace.

"I think so?" I replied, my eyebrows raised. "Wait no, what?" I changed my answer, my voice trailing off at the end. I wrung with my fingers and cracked them, which I did whenever I was nervous and feeling awkward, which was something I was feeling very strongly at this moment.

"That's great! Have fun with the rest of your life, I'm Oliver, and it's nice to meet you. Bye." The girl who apparently was Oliver, shot me a smile (which was most likely forced) and turned on the heels of her blue converse.

To say that I was stunned at the least is very true. I'm pretty sure I stood there collecting dust for a minute before shouting after her.

"Oliver, hey!" I yelled through my cupped hands.

She turned around slowly, rolling her eyes. "What now, lover boy," she stated monotonously.

"I just wanted to ask, did I offend you or something? You know, back in class, when we were talking about love and stuff..." I trailed off awkwardly for the second time in this 3 minute conversation.

Her gaze quickly turned cold and I could see a hint of sadness in her gaze, but it quickly morphed into what was seemingly a careless expression.

"I just think love is sort of stupid, that's all," she said in an unnaturally light and care free tone, like she was trying too hard to not care.

"Is it because you're scared of it?" I asked, the question tumbling out of my mouth before I could stop myself. I mentally kicked myself. Shit, Luke, you've got to think before you speak; mom would have your head right now if she was here. Where're your manners?

"I think you should stop asking questions because I don't even fucking know who you are, and I really don't want to," she stated calmly, a peacefully violent expression plastered across her face. One of those looks that said 'i'm going to stab you in the gut, but i'm also gonna look innocent while doing it'.

Oliver probably wasn't the most peace loving person before and now she definitely wasn't.

My mind spun around, I've never quite met a girl like her. It was sort of entertaining. "Are you b-"

"HEY I JUST MET YOU AND TH-" Call Me Maybe rang out of my phone loudly and embarrassingly. I quickly yanked it out of my pocket and answered it, feeling my face steadily growing pink.

"Cal, what the hell do you want." I harshly whispered into the phone, avoiding eye contact with Oliver who was clearly trying to contain her laughter but failing. Enjoying my embarrassment.

"Oh damn, someone's grumpy."

"No, not really Cal, you've just got the shittiest timing."

"Aw, is Luke already pulling in all the ladies? And why the hell are you talking in an American accent?"

"No, and I just don't really wanna stand out too much, okay?"

"Okay, I'll leave you to whatever you're doing, have fun buddy, and I'm calling you tonight you little shit. Tell me all about America. Oh, and those California girls." Calum giggled a last time before I heard the ending dial tone sounded.

I took my phone and jammed it back into my front pocket, fidgeting with my fingers once again.

"So, who was that?" Oliver spoke up. I looked up from my feet, and something hit me full blast.

No, not physically, definitely mentally. Her smile was something out of this world. It made everything seem less dull than before. Call me cliche, but that's exactly how it is. The edges of her eyes crinkled in the cutest way, and everything about her just gave off a glow.

I couldn't explain it, but maybe it was the way the way her hair was lazily pulled into a messy bun. Or the way she disliked me with a burning passion, but whatever it was, it was like a magnet, drawing me to her.

"Hello?" She piped up again, snapping me out of my daze.

After realizing what I was thinking about, the tips of my ears slowly grew red and spread towards my cheeks.

"Oh yes!" I laughed awkwardly and continued playing with my fingers. "That was Calum.."

"And why is it that you said that you don't want to stand out?" Oliver pushed further, investigating my short conversation with Cal.

"Oh, well, you see.." I paused not knowing exactly how to say it.

"I'm Australian." I ended up saying.

"Oh? Why does that really matter?" Oliver said, seemingly disappointed in my lack of a more interesting answer.

"Well, I mean, I just don't like standing out. So I just decided not to draw any attention with the accent you know?" I explained, now not using my American accent, just speaking in my natural tone.

"Very cool, muy bien! Now leaving off with this note, I don't really encourage for us to talk. Bye!" Oliver said quickly and rushed off down the street.

I stood there in the middle of the busy street, stunned. She was different, quite different. She definitely did not seem to enjoy my company very much, and we also have opposite views on most things.

She was confusing, but that just made me want to figure her out even more.

~

yay! finished another chapter!
so this story is finally beginning its journey forward ho!

save our ship - blessing <3

oh and ps ;) vote and cOMMENT pls ilysm