six

luke

"So you like her?"

"No."

"Well it sounds like you do."

"Well, I don't."

"Whatever you say, Luke."

Calum rolled his eyes at me, through the screen, laughing.

"That sounds like denial to me." Michael added, punching me in the shoulder lightly.

"Fuck off." I grumbled to the three other boys, making them laugh even harder than they were before.

Mike and I were skyping Calum and Ash. The four of us, we were best friends of almost 7 or 8 years. While Michael and I moved to America for college, the other two stayed in Australia, but distance wasn't much of a separation. We still constantly texted, called, face-timed, and skyped. All of us kept each other updated on our lives, because truthfully guys gossip just as much as girls do.

Ashton got up from his position laying on the couch and walked towards us and plopped down on a seat next to Calum.

"Luke's in deniaalll!" he shouted, his face shoved into the camera lens. He giggled obnoxiously, until Calum shoved him away from the camera and off his chair, sending Ash toppling to the ground.

"Asshole!" He groaned at Cal, laying immobile on the carpet floor.

The four of us were as close as brothers, the kind of friends that always have your back. They might be annoying, extrememly annoying, at times, but I know that those three guys will always help me out in any situation I'm in. Even if it's giving me advice on how to fix things because I've screwed up, or support me when someone's giving me a hard time.

Ashton was the oldest, and I was the youngest, with Calum and Michael in between, Michael being a few months older than Cal.

My birthday was in July, and this year I turned 20. This year would be my third year in Uni. I was a bit younger than mostly everyone else in my classes, but that was only because I skipped kindergarten, which isn't that impressive.

"So we were thinking about coming to visit you guys during Christmas holiday." Calum announced to us, gesturing to him and Ash, both of them doing jazz hands.

"Really?!" Michael and I yelled out loud simultaneously, huge grins masking our faces.

"Really!" Ashton said, his teenage school girl laugh bubbling out again.

"For the three weeks?" I asked, clarifying things. I crossed my fingers, hoping for a yes.

"Yep." Calum confirmed, fist bumping Ash.

Michael and I copied their actions and cheered, "this is going to be awesome!"

"Oh and we'll get to meet your lovely lady." Ashton added, winking at me.

I groaned, realizing they would probably follow me to the world's end to see Oli.

Oli? Olive? Oliver? Liver? (A/N: now regretting not choosing the main nickname to be liver)

Sunshine?

So many nicknames for one girl, one beautiful, unique girl.

~

"Is she dead?" I asked Oliver, while gasping for air. Giggles of laughter burst out again, and I threw my head back in laughter.

She laughed out loud, the sound like music to my ears.

"No, Luke," she said rolling her eyes in amusement. "She just had a few bruises and some cuts. But you see, she learned never to mess with me again."