Chapter 5: Mirrors

Hours had passed now as the boys were still dumbfounded at the sight of the pentagram in front of them. The edges were still on fire, though the ritual had been completed for a long time now.

"So is this the end?"

Those were the first words Scott had said in hours.

"No, we need to find Anna, Scott. She has to be out there."

"But we don't know that."

"Dude remember what we said, she's like our little sister and she needs us now more than ever."

"But-"

"There are no but's Scott. If she dies, it's on our hands."

Fuelled with ambition, Reggie got to his feet, and turned around to look out the window but stopped. Scott looked up at him, noticing the full-eyed glare he was making at the window as if he had seen something. Getting to his feet as well, Scott looked at the window only to see what Reggie saw almost instantly. The windows no longer showed the main street of the town. Instead, all they saw was Anna.

The room that she was in was dark, and she was strapped into a wheelchair, blood dripping from her hands, and her stomach had been cut open by shards of glass that were still left in her flesh. In shock, both of the boys took a step back, not sure what to say as they looked at their friend.

"We have to get her out man."

"And how do you expect us to do that?"

"I don't know, we break it maybe."

Scott turned around and found an old piece of wood on the ground, only partially charred from the smoldering pentagram.

"Dude are you sure about this?"

As Scott asked, the board was already mid-flight and penetrated the glass perfectly, passing cleanly through. Any second they expected to see the glass shatter around the hole that the board made when it passed through. However to their surprise, it stayed in perfect, not a single crack extended from the rectangular role.

"Impossible."

Reggie watched as Scott took a few steps forward, before placing a hand on the glass. It was solid as if the hole didn't affect the structural integrity at all. That being said as his hand met the glass, he was greeted by another hand on the other side. Examining it for a moment, the hand on the other side of the glass was scarred up but looked identical to his, even though he didn't have the same cuts.

His hand was completely flat on the pane now, shaking. Afraid to look up he felt Reggie put a hand on his shoulder.

"Dude, what the hell is that?"

Not sure what he could possibly mean he started to tilt his head, looking at the scars covering the reflections body until Scott finally got to the demonic face waiting for him at eye level. The demon on the other sides eyes were pale white, with blood leaking out of them as it ran down its face.

The head of the reflection tilted to the side with a maniacal grin. Shocked into fear, Scott struggled to move as he started to feel a pressure push back against his hand. Still frozen in place, he looked down at his hand...and the demons that now had manifested out of the glass and was pushing against Scott's.

Looking back at the demons face, the glass started to ripple as it's damaged face started pushing through into their reality. Scott still couldn't murmur a word, his body still solid as a rock. Realizing that his friend couldn't do anything Reggie grabbed another wooden board and swung it into the window.

The glass failed to shatter again, but a hole appeared every time the board hit it. Thinking on his feet, Reggie began, smashing the edges of the glass panel, it fell and shattered as it hit the ground as the body of the demon disappeared amongst the glass shards. Reggie looked at Scott as his body crumbled to the ground beside him, rushing to his aid, Reggie helped him sit up as he finally was able to breathe again, and started gasping for air.