Chapter 12: The Confrontation

"Reggie?"

There was no way that disheveled old man was Reggie. The old man turned to face the door of the closet as if he could hear Scott's thoughts. His cat-like eyes with dark shaded pupils opened up and retracted to the sides of his eyelids. Revealing a familiar glance. Even though his body was deteriorating, he had seen that look before when Reggie woke up in the van only a few hours prior. It was the look of fear.

Without a doubt he knew that that was his best friend, but why and how did Reggie and Anna both get back here in this world, when he was confident that he saw them get taken to the other one. In an instant, a glowing red light came from beside the door as the crackling sound of fire on wood cleared out the eerie silence.

"Is that how she did it?"

Emily raised her hand toward the pentagram on the wall, as it began to spin and hiss before extending through multiple dimensions opening the door to the other reality.

Scott couldn't let them disappear again, he had to act now, even though he was staring into the face of death itself. No longer thinking he swung open the door, and stood there unarmed in front of the little girl and his two best friends. A wicked smirk crossed Emily's face as she stared at Scott.

"Well, Well, Well. The gang is all back together."

"Let them go."

"Why?"

"Don't act like a little kid, I'm serious."

"So am I, give me a reason or you become one of them."

"Excuse me?"

Emily snapped her fingers as Reggie's inner eyelids slid over his eyes, becoming jet back once again. In the wheelchair, Anna raised a hand toward Scott, as if pleading for her life.

"Scott."

Her fading breath echoed his name, but it was too late, she had been infected as well, like Reggie and inner set of black eyelids slid over Anna's sad eyes as she gained a devilish grin like the one on Reggie's face. Taking a step back now, Scott was faced with two monsters and a demonic little girl.

"So...give me a reason, Scott?"

"Because they're my friends.

"Sure they are, but are they your friends?"

"What do you mean?"

The little girl began to giggle as she started to walk closer to Scott, her monsters staying close behind her.

"C'mon Scott, face the facts. They never cared about you. They just wanted the money, and they couldn't do it without you and your job at the bank."

"Shut up, you're lying."

"No I'm not, but maybe you should ask Reggie, who the real liar is."

"What? He's my best friend, there are no secrets between us."

Scott looked at the demonic creature with fragile limbs. He could picture Reggie as clear as day, but now before him, his best friend was a monster. This couldn't be real it was all just a bad dream, but the little girl's voice invaded his mind.

"Tick, tock Scott. I hope that wasn't your best answer."

"Fine just let Anna go then."

"Why?"

"Because...Because I love her."

The little girl looked over at Anna and then at Reggie.

"I hate to tell you this Scottie, but it wasn't ever going to work out."