4. Panic and Shopping

*Haydn's P.O.V.*      

  Emily thought no one saw the moment that she and Niall shared, but I did. So did Louis, Liam and Zayn, while Harry stood clueless lost in his own little world. She practically ran to the kitchen to grab her food. Niall sighed and stood up, slowly walking to get his food. I turned to meet Louis' eyes, I didn't recognize the emotion that shone brightly in his eyes. He quickly looked away and went to get his food.

            After everyone had their food, we all say around the telly to eat. Zayn and Liam shared a loveseat, chatting animatedly about a new band Zayn discovered. Louis and Harry sat together on the three person couch, with me squished in by Harry. Niall sat on the loveseat opposite Liam and Zayn, Emily walked in and surveyed the room. She saw that the only seat was next to Niall.

            Niall had always been Emily's favorite, next to Louis, even on X-Factor, she rooted for both him and Lou. When he didn't get past boot camp, she cried, and Louis called us, sobbing. Emily talked to Lou until they called him and the other boys back. When they formed One Direction, she screamed. She followed Niall more closely than any of the others.

            So it surprised me when Emily walked past Niall and sat on the floor by me. I gave her a look but she ignored me, acting like she was interested at what was on the telly. I looked over at Niall, who was looking at Emily longingly. I sighed. It was going to be a long seven months.

            After a very awkward dinner, which Louis was oh so kind to point out, we put in a movie. I knew Emily wouldn't last, she needs to cuddle up, it never fails. As the opening credits started, I saw her trying to resist, but as soon as we were five minutes in, Emily crawled over to Niall's couch. She sat as far away from Niall as possible. But as the movie progressed, Emily got more and more tired. As a result, she moved closer and closer to Niall, soon she had her head in his lap, and was cuddling into him. He was bewildered at first, but he didn't try to move her away. He smoothed her hair out of her face and lightly rubbed her back.

            I looked at Louis and saw that he was glaring at Niall and Emily. I knew that look, and I knew what he was thinking. I also knew that he was trying to form a plan.

            As I was watching the movie, I felt someone grab my arm lightly and put their head on my shoulder. I turned slightly to see who it was and saw brown curls. I chuckled and Harry lifted his head slightly to look at me. He raised his eyebrows slightly, a small smile playing on his lips. I shook my head and he laughed quietly to himself then put his head back on my shoulder. Eventually, Harry grabbed my hand and loosely laced our fingers together. I felt a tingling sensation go through me when our hands touched. I looked to Harry to see if he felt it, too. He looked away quickly when he saw I was looking at him and had a straight face, so maybe he felt it, too, but I couldn't be sure.

As the credits rolled on the screen, Louis turned the telly off and Harry sat up, hiding our intertwined fingers in the process. Louis surveyed the room, but he didn't see that Harry and I were holding hands.

  "What are we doing tomorrow?" Liam said, breaking the silence.

  Everyone but Niall, whose gaze was fixated on Em, turned to look at me. I squirmed slightly under all their gazes, my voice gone and mind empty.

 "How about we take them on a tour of the city? They've never ever been here before, right, so let's show them around. Oooo! And we can go shopping!" Harry said coming to my rescue. He squeezed my hand, which made all the nerves from the attention, go away.

 "Is that okay, Hay-bae?" Louis asked, using that name that I hated. I crinkled my nose at the sound of that childish nickname.

 "Yes it sounds awesome, Lou-Lou." I snickered and saw Louis' neck tighten slightly. He glared at me, while I smiled sweetly at him.