~26~

Anika got up from his lap and began walking here and there.

"I want an answer Anika.." Shivaay said softly but she could see his heart, his pain, as the two women of his life fought because of him.

Anika sat on the floor and began narrating him.

"When you and bhai were at the hospital, a rumour has been spread about me having an affair with both Karan and Siddarth because I was living with them and before our brother-sister's relationship was revealed, I would go out with Karan and Siddarth very often. Even though there weren't really proofs that we were together because Siddarth is with Mallika and Karan and I were more like best friends, and not like two people who were about to get engaged.. When this rumour has been spread, Pinky insulted me so much, that until now her words keep ringing in my ears, she called me characterless, a prostitute, a gold digger and whatever insult you could think of. At this time Karan and Siddarth wanted me to come back home, and to divorce you because they got to know that Pinky aunty was the one who told all this to the media, that I was sleeping with them both, so I told them, why do you want to punish my Shivaay when his mother is the one at fault?" Anika was crying while Shivaay was holding her hands.

"So they came with a plan to make you drift away from Pinky aunty, to test your love for me, and to make Pinky pay for all her deeds. We were at a restaurant and there they told me how they wanted Pinky to pay for what she did to me.. we saw Pinky aunty taking pictures of us and there I knew that my own mother-in-law was the one spreading all those fake rumours about me.. at first I didn't want to join the plan because I didn't want to hurt you, but until when a woman, a human can bear? Each time I did something she would insult me! Is it my fault if I love you? I didn't fall in love, love fell on me and engulfed me in this beautiful promise of togetherness.. I bore all her insults, just to make you react, to make you see that even though I love you, even though you love me, I couldn't live with a woman who hates me to the core! She killed my self-confidence because she made me feel as if I'll never be worth your love.. when I called Siddarth to take me back.. it was me surrendering Shivaay.. I had accepted my defeat and I was about to go home.. but then you surprised me because you stood for me in front of your mother.. You showed me your love,this love you told about to Om, you showed it to me and you showered it upon me..And I now want to do the same with you. I want to give you all the love I can until I can't no more because, I love you.."Anika was now sobbing and Shivaay held her tightly against his chest.

"Sh, it's okay, don't cry Anika.. I know.. I understand your pain, please stop crying.." Shivaay said while rocking her in his arms.

"You're not at fault.. every human has a breaking point and I can't hold you responsible for defending yourself. You're my family now, and it will always be my duty to protect my family." Shivaay said and kissed her forehead. A kiss full of promises.