Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

"Edward, come on, this isn't fair. I'm always the one opening."

Edward made a noise resembling a dying animal, and proceeded to bury himself even deeper underneath his covers. There were notebooks and textbooks piled all over the floor and part of the bed. Oliver still hadn't accepted that Edward truly wanted to leave, but the sight of all the high school stuff made him swallow uncomfortably. Of course Edward was serious, why would he joke about a thing like that?

"Edward!" Oliver snapped impatiently, "You've been napping practically all day."

"I promise I'll help open tomorrow," Edward grumbled from beneath the sheets. "Pretty please."

"Ugh! You're lucky I give a shit about you."

"I'm forever grateful for your love."

Oliver rolled his eyes, even though he was smirking. He sighed, closing his brother's room door and making his way to the stairs leading down to the main part of the bar. The place was empty, as it usually was before opening time, and all he could hear was noise from the kitchens. The cooks and their assistants were probably setting up to get ready for the day.

The first thing Oliver did was to get the dancefloor back into resembling a restaurant. He looked up at the sound of Trinity Kay's voice, and stiffened when he noticed she was showing some people around, and from the looks of it, they appeared to be new employees.

Again? He thought, biting his lower lip. That was freaking odd considering the last batch of employees came barely a week ago.

Okay, no, fuck this. He wasn't going to let Edward's stupid superstitions get to him. What Trinity did with her bar was her business. He focused on rearranging the main room back to its restaurant status, bringing out a rag to wipe the tables and chairs when he was done.

"Masis."

He stiffened at the sound of Trinity's voice calling him by his surname.

He turned to face her, sweat forming in his palms. The woman intimidated him like nothing else.

She was standing behind the bar, in front of the door leading to the kitchens in the back. "I need to discuss some things with you and your brother. Come find me sometime during the weekend. I should be free then."

"Yes, ma'am."

With that she turned, disappearing into the kitchens once more.

Oliver exhaled shakily, realising he'd been holding his breath. That woman was a witch, he was sure of it.

Oliver nearly had a heart attack when he came through from the back with the new drinks, and spotted none other than the alpha of his dreams sitting at the bar, already nursing his signature tumbler of tequila.

His grip on the drinks tightened instead of loosening, thank goodness, and his heart pounded so hard beneath his ribcage it was a surprise to him the damn thing hadn't pounded right out of his chest.

Fuck, he thought, fuck, fuck, he wasn't ready. He didn't know how to face the guy. Should he ignore him? Talk to him? Ask him out again?

Yeah, like that went well the last time.