➳ 2 // I'm Not A Stark

:A N A   S T A R K:

It was weird to ride alongside my father and his party back to Winterfell after having ridden in silence first. Everyone would be talking to each other on their horses, not too hyped given the situation they had just witnessed but with some playfulness in their voices like true Northerners would have. Most people do not understand how we live in such coldness, but our bodies are simply used to the cold weather and we simply keep each other warm in other manners, take that as you'd like.

    I was riding more towards the back, sometimes trotting to get next to Robb for the occasional chat or even next to Jon and Bran mostly to make silly faces at my younger brother before father could see me getting out of the proper line to ride in and that would result on him giving me a not too pleased look. He didn't mind me being playful but he was a lord nonetheless and knew when and how to behave like one, and educating his children was always important.

    The ride was going by pretty well until Theon decided to start riding next to me. I knew nothing good was going to come from it so I was already bracing myself for whatever comment he was going to throw at me. His eyes would go up my body taking in my riding gear, it consisted of fitted pants and a long corseted coat, he had seen me wear it a thousand times but every single time he'd find a way to make up a new comment about it.

    "You're a really good rider my lady" he finally spoke, my head moving to look him in the eyes as he kept on looking me up and down "one can't help but wonder if you have such skills without the horse"

    The desire to roll my eyes or answer back with a dirtier comment towards him was massive, but I knew I could not bring all those arguments back. If I was to answer him, it would start all of those wars we used to have again and I knew neither of us would benefit from it.

    So I just kept looking at him, a small smile on my lips as I could see he was waiting for my answer that would never come. His eyes almost begged me to speak but I remained silent, so he kept on going.

    "Really I would rather like to be the one witnessing how you could put those riding skills to the test" he took the reins harder in between his fingers, turning the right one quickly and making his horse come into a halt right in front of mine.

    "Theon could you please move?" my nerves were starting to boil because of his actions.

    "You used to be a lot more fun than this you know?" for a split second his eyes were sincere but then he changed back, the cocky smirk returning to his face "I really could help you loosen up a bit"

    I was about to answer him when I heard the voices from up ahead getting louder and the sound of the horse hooves stopping all together. Something had happened and I took the moment where Theon was staring behind him to pass his horse and trot forward to meet the others over the bridge.

    Robb gave me a look as he saw me and Theon arriving later but I ignored it and focused on what was ahead of us. I dismounted quickly leaving my horse next to the others making sure he wouldn't run away if he was spooked by anything and then I focused on what was ahead of us. Theon walked quickly pass me taking a place behind my father, Jon on the other side and the three men started to approach whatever it was that was laying on the floor. As I approached I noticed what it was. A dead stag with his guts spilling out was laying on the ground. Everyone was silent for a moment, pondering on what could've caused this until Jon was the one to ask out loud the question is everybody's mind. What in the hell caused this?

    "Mountain lion?" Theon's voice came from next to my father, and this time since he couldn't see me, I rolled my eyes.

    "There are no mountain lions in these woods" father answered and motioned for us to keep going with the goal to find whatever had done this.