➳ 5 // How To Ruin a Peaceful Moment

:A N A S T A R K:

There is an unspoken comfort about how nice it feels to have a body pressed against your own and there is also an unspoken comfort about how nice silence can be when shared with the right person.

    Many truths can be spoken in the middle of silence and as I laid down next to my brother after I had come to him for comfort that was exactly what I had found. Nothing sexual happened between the both of us, the most romantically inclined thing that happened were the few kisses he would leave on my shoulders as he curled his body behind mine and held me closer to him. Not many words were shared, only the ones that were needed to keep our minds of the day ahead of us.

    The closeness was what I was needing in the moment, it was the same closeness that I would come seeking when I was younger and found myself in sad moments during the night. I would always find myself in Robb's bed after we would sleep close to each other and try to make the other forget about any problem we could be having in that moment. The little sleepovers had ended once we started to grow older and this had been the first time we had shared a bed since our childhood and we would both be lying if we were to say no sexual tension was felt. Siblings were not supposed to feel this sexually inclined to each other but we simply ignored it in the moment and enjoyed the feeling of being close.

    Morning light quickly creeped through the open window of Robb's chambers and it made me realize that this comfort I was feeling was not to last forever. I could not ignore my problems forever no matter how much I would like to do it, I could not be in his embrace for too long due to various reasons as well.

    "Good morning" a sudden voice came from behind me, letting me know that Robb was now fully awake and with a small smile on his lips, his eyes still seeming to be adjusting to the morning light.

    "I'm afraid it won't be a good morning. The king should arrive today" I let out a sigh as I sat up on the bed, re-adjusting the dress that had slipped off my shoulder "people will be looking for us to get ready"

    "You do always know how to ruin a peaceful moment don't you?" he laughed and I simply nodded my head, my eyes meeting with Syrena who was now awake and looking at me.

    With a wave of my hand she stood up and came to my side, my fingers petting her fur before sharing one last look with my brother and then leaving the room.

    And this simple morning, one shared between siblings and this time not lovers, seemed to be the last calming thing that the day could possibly offer me.

➳➳➳

    Luckily no one had been looking for me at my chambers when I arrived there. The morning was slowly building up on organized chaos as everyone was assigned something to do. We had to be in our best looks and behavior for the arrival of the King so we would not disappoint the royal family, so I was not surprised when Old Nan came into my room to help me get into one of my most presentable day dresses.

    The dress was not as formal as the one I was surely going to use at the night banquet but it was good enough to wear for the arrival. The dress was actually all black which brought a smile to my face. Jon and I would often have fights about who could wear black better and it often ended with him saying he would one day take the black and go to serve on the Night's Watch and then he would indeed wear the colour better than I could ever wear. I would let him win, because I could never really compete with such words.

    The entire outfit was complete with the heavy fur cloak that I would only put on once outside due to how heavy it could actually get, so for the mean time I simply walked around in the black laced with silver details dress as I watched everyone preparing the halls for the night feast.