o n e

CHAPTER ONE
( DRAMA )

     LUCAS TAKES A seat in front of the girl, turning his deck to face her

LUCAS TAKES A seat in front of the girl, turning his deck to face her. Brayden watches as he does so, letting out a deep breath as she shoots Cory Mathews a slight glare. In response, he grins, before sitting back at his desk.

"I'm Lucas F-"

"Friar, I know," Brayden rolls her eyes as he pauses. "You and your friends are the favorites of this class. I've been here long enough to at least know your last names."

The girl had no trouble with settling quickly, her attitude showing slightly. But she was known for being blunt- it was her signature, and way of welcoming. No matter who it was, Brayden always found herself telling the person what was on her mind, even if it wasn't acceptable.

"Sorry," Lucas mumbles, taking a seat in his new chair with slight hesitation. "So, are you new here or something? I've never saw you before."

"I choose to be distant," Brayden states. "I've been living in this town my whole life, so no, I'm not new. I just like to sit in the back of the class to stay away from all the drama."

"Why?"

"It's too much," Brayden shakes her head, flipping her notebook open. "I prefer to get through school as quick as possible, and it doesn't help when drama is holding you back. You should try it out sometime, Blondie."

A small smile appears on the boy's lips, flickering as he realizes the stares that were rested on Brayden as she had her back turned. A few girls to their right were whispering under their breaths, their glares heavily set on her.

"Why are they talking about you?" Lucas asks as Brayden pulls a history book from her bag.

"No idea, to be honest," she shrugs. "Maybe I was too blunt the last time I talked to them. I don't know."

"How blunt?"

"I told the brunette that she resembles a blob fish," Brayden answers seriously, taking the time to give the girls a bittersweet smile. "How's it going, Amy?"

Amy narrows her eyes, slamming her book shut, only to storm from the classroom with her friends following suitly. Of course, it hadn't come without a reason; Amy always enjoyed spreading and rumor she could.

"See?" Brayden raises an eyebrow. "I didn't do anything."

Lucas hums in response, a small laugh escaping his lips. She smiles, taking a look over at Riley. The girl still resides with Alyssa Coleman, but her eyes are on someone else; Brayden herself. Riley's frown sets Brayden back, her mood suddenly changing. Riley watches as Lucas smiles at the brunette, continuing their chat about school. But Brayden wasn't focused on that at all.