Chapter 4: Grappled

NAKAPANGALUMBABA lamang ako sa bintana ng backseat habang tumitingin sa labas. Hindi gaano ka-tirik ang araw ngayon kaya medyo bughaw and ulap na makikita sa itaas.

Masayang nagliliparan ang mga ibon habang dinig na dinig kong humuhuni ang mga ito kahit na nasa malayo ang mga ito sa akin.

The air was touching in my face when I exteriorized my neck out of the window. I closed my eyes as i  feel what it gives to me. I felt like I'm free. No problems to faced of, no money will have to deduct, and no more people to love with. I feel like I'm in my old times.

''Wala akong kinalaman kapag maputol iyang ulo mo sa kakadama ng hangin diyan ha?''

Mabilis kong ipinasok and ulo ko sa bintana at isinirado ito nang marinig kong nasa tono ng sarkasmo ang pananalita ni Ivy.

''Shut up.'' Pero tawa lang ang narinig ko mula dito bago seryosong tumingin sa daan.

We're heading to Laguna- where a school game stands there for only professionals. And as a substitute of an archery from the Academy, I was voted to be a representative even if refuses it, I couldn't do anything because of the topmost's decision.

Yeah, it's all of the topmost's decision. I mean, why can't I make a decision without them? All I can hear about them that it's all the topmost's decision and they can't take the answer a no. What a life!

I should be making some move for now instead of participating this shitty contest. There were few days that had been waste so I don't want to further this opportunity being just a substitute.

Napamura ako nang masubsob ako sa sandalan ng shotgun seat. Hinimas-himas ko ang noong nasubsob. Am i  just spacing out to not feel the three hours' trip and causes me to Dumped?

Tinignan ko si Ivy na nagpipigil ng tawa.

''Oops! I stepped so hard the brake that almost crash your face.''

Tch. I know she's just making funs on me.

I just rolled my eyes as I opened the backseat's door. I shouldn't mind her, at least.

It was already seven in the evening. The wind breezed simultaneously when I got in the veranda in the school athletes' houses. As what of the tour guide's said, there are five curriculum houses stands according of every representative: Jujitsu, Sword fight, Whip charging, Scientists, and an Archer.

Ivy said I should be careful on my opponents since they're more likely in a Deaths possession. I listened at her and just got out all the words came out in her mouth in the other ear of mine. I know she's just concerned about me if I get defeated and get the first time to be vanquish in the history. I understand her, me either is concern what will happen tomorrows competition. It's my first time to fight that the goal's just for the presence and the Academy's legacy. However, I felt like I'm just wasting my time in here, doing this kind of thing made me to jump off to water-well and just float in there waiting to someone who'll save me.

''Don't make him fail to win tomorrow. Did you here me, Raf?''

Napatigil ako sa pagmumuni nang marinig ko iyon. Napa-upo ako para tumago sa mga steel-in-stand ng veranda. Hindi naman siguro ako makikita sa kung sino man ang nag-uusap sa baba dahil naka-patay naman ang ilaw sa loob ng kuwarto namin. Thanks to Ivy's suggestion, to not to open the light during sleep night.

''I will, sire.''

''I don't want to discourage him for just a simple play this time, so do what to do so we can get out of here by the secon day of play. Understood?''