Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I lay in bed, its later that night, and all I can think about is those god damn Dead Boys. It's currently 11:14pm, but I lay in bed wide awake when I would normally be fast asleep at this hour.

I roll over, pulling my extra pillow to my chest and bury my face into it, while groaning. I never thought a group of people -more so a single person from that group- could have this much of an affect on me.

I've had crushes before, believe it or not but the infamous Jack Carrow is an example, but I'd ever thought of someone so much before.

I look up at my alarm clock and only two minutes have past by. That's it, I need to release some energy.

I stand up and shake of my pajama pants and slip into a pair of soccer shorts. I put on a plain white shirt. I don't bother taking my phone with me as I tip toe past my parent's bedroom and downstairs.

The moment my foot hits the front porch, I'm flying. My legs move faster and faster and it's like I don't even have to tell them to. They have a mind of their own, and I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

I run down my street and look to the forest on my right, the trees blur by as I increase my speed. I turn down a pathway leading into the forest and slow down to a walk. I'm breathing heavily but I keep moving.

It's pitch black in these woods, I can't see a thing besides the stars peaking out behind the tree tops. I regret leaving my phone behind because the flashlight on it would be extremely helpful in this moment.

My eyes are slowly adjusting to the blackness in front of me and I can see the outline of a fallen tree to the side of the pathway, I decide it's probably in my best interest to go take a break and sit down.

As I sit down I notice that the log is damp but I could barely care at this moment.

I rest my hand in my hands and close my eyes. My breathing is swallow and short and the pain in my lungs and in my legs is a reminder I'm alive. The aching feels natural and good, like it's supposed to be there.

Suddenly there's a bright light in front of me and I raise my head, squinting.

"You've come back?" A voice says behind the flashlight, and I move my right hand up to cover my eyes.

"Uh what?" I ask.

"Sorry, I'll turn this off." The voice says and lowers the flashlight. I have to blink a few times for my vision to go back into focus in the dark, and I see the outline of a person.

"Aaron?" I ask.

"Don't sound so surprised to see me. This is where we met." He tells me and I stand up, so we're facing each other.

"I don't have a mental map of the woods, man. This forest is bigger then the town," Aaron laughs when I say this.

"That's true, but I did tell you not to come back here." He insists. I raise an eyebrow.

"You want me to stay out of the whole forest?" I ask and Aaron shrugs.

"If it'll prevent you from finding your way back here than yeah, I guess,"

"You don't own these woods!" I say.

"That's true, but-"

"What are you hiding?" I cut him off. He looks at me, opening and closing his mouth, searching for the words to say. "Show me,"

"I don't know Bell, how do I know I can trust you?"

"Well, I haven't been here long enough to do anything to tell you anyways." I shrug.