Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"This not a good idea." Aaron states a moment later.

"Shut up, Aaron. You aren't in charge anymore." Caleb sneers.

"Says who?" Aaron asks.

"All of us," Bentley scoffs and crosses his arms over his chest.

"You lost your place when you broke the code." Toby shrugs. Toby picks up a dark blue can of spray paint and turns it over in his hands. An evil smile lingers on his face. I have such a bad feeling in my gut.

"You really want to spray paint a church?" I ask.

"I really want you to spray paint a church," Caleb laughs. All of them chuckle besides Aaron. How did I come back to this? I'm literally being bullied all over again. Once again, by people who are supposed to be my friends.

"I'm not doing it," I say.

"You are going to do it." Caleb says, getting in my face.

Aaron's voice calling me a coward echoes in my head.

I am not a coward.

"Or what, Caleb? What exactly are you gonna do?" I ask him, a surge of courage runs through me. Suddenly like a switch, I don't care about the Dead Boys anymore. I don't need their friendship or their protection. I have Mia, and she has been a better friend to me then any of them here.

Don't get me wrong, I've grown insanely close to Azul but other than him, I'm not super close to anyone else here. Bentley was once sweet and innocence to me but he's really just a kid. Toby is funny and super fun to be around but it's not like I've hung out with him very much.

"You don't want to test me," He hisses back. My jaw tightens and I find the whole thing exceedingly hilarious.

"Caleb, you don't even know many times I got my ass beat. You really think I'm afraid of getting beat up at this point?" I ask him.

"Okay, we can take this further than you." He shrugs with a smile. Then, looking over at Aaron he says, "I could just take it out on him."

"Caleb!" Azul, Toby and Bentley all yell at the same time.

"You wouldn't," I say. "You two have been friends for years."

"I would and I will if you don't spray paint that goddamn church!"

"This is ridiculous," Aaron says, stepping up and pushing Caleb away from me. "You want to beat me up Caleb? Go for it. I'd like to see you fucking try."

"Aaron, he'd kick your ass." Bentley says with a frown.

"Look at you, you're nothing." Caleb laughs.

"I'm done here." Aaron says.

"Then you aren't a Dead Boy any longer." Caleb says, getting red in the face. He runs a hand over his shaven head and can tell he's getting nervous. He doesn't want to lose Aaron.

"Honestly, you guys aren't even a friend group. You guys are a dang cult." I say, picking up my backpack from the ground.

"We're together for protection before friendship," Caleb says. The whole group does a double take.

"You can't be serious," I say, almost laughing.

"Go ahead, leave. See how far you'll last before the whole town finds out you're swapping spit with Aaron." He replies.

"Is that a threat to out us?" I ask.

"Take it the way you want,"

"You are not who I thought you were." Aaron states looking at Caleb with a look of disgust. "You know what? No one here besides Bell is someone who I thought they were."

"I'm done with this," I say towards Aaron. He turns towards me with a smile.

"This is who I know you are, Bellamy. You are no coward." He answers.

"Get out!" Caleb screams.

I take one last look at the treehouse and everybody in it. I'll miss this; the adventures, having a friend group and a place to belong. But this is not where I belong. I belong with Aaron and Mia.

I walk out and down the latter with Aaron on my heels.

"Don't ever come back here!" He screams after us. I chuckle and shake my head. Like I was planning on it.

When my feet touch the cold ground, a new feeling washes over me. A feeling of relief maybe? I have spent so many years caring so much and worrying so much. I don't care right now, and I don't worry one bit right now. I feel fresh and new.

"You feel that?" Aaron asks, breathing in the cold air. His cold breath comes out in white puffs and his cheeks are already turning red. I can't help but smile as I look at him.

"The weight off your shoulder?" I ask as I turn towards him.

"I was talking about the sexual tension but okay," He jokes, and I burst out laughing.

"Oh yes, how did I not notice?" I laugh. He steps closer to me smiling.

"I know what you mean. I felt like a new person the second I started down the latter." He grabs the sides of my jacket and holds me close to him. Our faces are so close.

"I don't need them. I need you," I say quietly.

"I need you too. You've done more for me in these past few months than they have in years." His hands rub my sides and I can feel the warmth flowing off his body. It felt like genuine electricity between us. Every cell in my body is telling me that I made the right decision by walking out of that treehouse.

"Me and you," I say.

"Me and you," He confirms as he closes the distance between us.

Underneath the treehouse where we are now banned from, we start to kiss as the first snowfall of the year begins to fall. We kiss for a long time and in that moment, we had nothing to worry about.

Little did we know that the boys watching us from above had something planned, and the two of us were soon to be actual dead boys.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Things are about to get hella intense my friends. Just you guys wait. I'll have a new chapter up in a few days :)

I'm starting to get to the end and I'm so sad. You guys don't even know how attached I am to these characters and how much I love them. I've been working on this dang book for so long. 

*sigh*

Let me know what you guys thought!

-Hannah