Daichi Sawamura x Reader: Support

He's one of my faves, he's just so great (and his receives are iconic)! For this short oneshot the reader will be fem. because I wanted her to practice for the girls volleyball team tryouts, and then fluff ensues. Enjoy!

"Daichi! I'm ready to start doing a jump serve now!" you exclaimed clutching the blue and yellow volleyball excitedly with both hands, as your boyfriend smiled at you softly.

"I don't know y/n, maybe we should just keep working on receiving for now. Jump serves are pretty advanced." he said taking the volleyball from your hands and putting it on the gym floor. 

"Aww c'mon Daichi, we've been working on receives all day! Do the volleyball tryouts really focus on receiving that much?" you asked pouting. Usually once you started pouting Daichi would cave in and listen to you. But this time he held strong.

"You can't master receiving in one night y/n...if we do one more hour of proper receiving I'll treat you to dinner." he told you smoothly, giving you a lopsided grin. Damn it! He knows I can't refuse food...

"F-fine, but just one hour Daichi alright." you said adjusting your ponytail and getting into receiving position quickly, your sneakers squeaking against the shiny floor.

...

Three hours later

"Where did you want to go y/n?"

"I don't care...I guess ramen is fine, but man I'm tired. We went too overboard Daichi." you complained as you tried to ignore the soreness in your legs and arms (and basically everywhere else on your body).

It was already dark outside, and some stars were beginning to light up the sky dimly. 

"Sorry, I just really want you to do great at tryouts," he replied, "I guess overdoing it is my way of supporting you." he said rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly and grinning. You chuckled and reached down to hold his calloused hand. 

You two had been dating since the 2nd year of high school at Karasuno, 
so by now, you both were comfortable with small amounts of pda. He looked over at you, and leaned down slightly to place a quick peck on top of your head.

You felt a wonderful warmth spread throughout your entire body, you had almost never felt so peaceful with anyone else before.

"Thank you Sawamura." You breathed out softly as you looked at him while you two kept walking.

You couldn't tell of he was blushing or not, since it was too dark out, but his brown eyes were shining brightly with affection, under the light of the street lamps. You hadn't called him by his first name yet, but you thought now was the perfect time to start using it. He squeezed your hand harder which made your heartbeat quicken.

"C'mere y/n..." he mumbled, pulling you closer to him by your hand, as he wrapped his strong arms around you gently. You returned the sweet embrace, and you felt a calloused hand gently nudge you chin up.

Daichi leaned down and captured your lips, in the softest kiss that he had ever given you. Closing your eyes, you enjoyed the familiar feeling of his surprisingly soft lips on yours. You stood on tiptoe, meeting him halfway. He pulled away, much to your disappointment, and you opened your eyes, gazing at his large brown orbs.

"Y/n, I...we...you...ugh."

"It's alright Sawamura, what is it?"

He paused trying to find his words, his arms dropping to his sides awkwardly. If this didn't seem like a such a serious moment, you probably would have laughed at seeing him so flustered.

"Y/n...I love being around you, helping you, laughing with you, and doing anything else. I love you y/n." he stated calmly, looking at you intensely waiting for your response. He was smiling widely at you, which made your heart flutter.

You leaned forward, standing on your tiptoes, and pecked his cheek. "I love you too, Sawamura, I really do." you replied softly as you went in for another kiss on the lips. Daichi laughed against your mouth, and pressed his body closer to you, wrapping you in another warm embrace. 

The stars twinkled in the night sky as you two stayed wrapped in each other's arms, until you both lost track of time.