Oikawa Toru x Reader: Adventure

For this oneshot, the reader will have glasses (like me and almost everyone I know lol). I hope he isn't too ooc in this, he was kind of difficult to write for ^_^ I don't know why though. Enjoy!

"Hi, can I have one cheese bread loaf, and two whole wheat loafs?"

"Did you want all three of them sliced?"

"Um, can I just have the whole wheat sliced please?"

"Sure thing!"

You were at your favorite bakery in town, and you couldn't be happier. It was a small modest bakery, and if your weren't looking for it specifically you might pass it. But as far as you were concerned, they had the best cheese loaf you had ever tasted. Plus, they were a convenient five-minute walk from your house. Your parents often made you walk here to get bread for the week, but you always splurged on a cheese loaf.

Once you paid and got the bread, you meandered around the neighborhood not wanting to go home yet. The weather was perfect, puffy white clouds drifted slowly in the sky. You smiled to yourself, and adjusted your glasses quickly with one hand.

The nice weather was wonderful, it had actually been raining on and off for over a week now much to your disdain. Rain and glasses were definitely not a fun mix.

People jostled past you, most of them eager to get home from their office jobs. This part of town had always been unusually busy, because of all of the office buildings nearby, and you struggled to not trip over your own feet. You lightly bumped into a few while you walked, and apologized to all of them quickly. Once you finished apologizing to the fifth person you bumped into, you turned around and crashed right into a really tall guy. 

You felt the air escape your lungs from the impact, and the guy stumbled back a little bit. Out of surprise you loosened your grip on the bag of bread and it fell with a resounding thump on the ground, before spilling over, making the bread fall out. Nooo! Not the cheese loaf!

"I-I-I'm sorry." you muttered, your free hand reaching up to rub your throbbing shoulder that sustained most of the shock. You squatted down, trying to pick up the fallen bread, knowing full well that it probably shouldn't be eaten now. So many people walked down this road, it definitely was not the cleanest place to drop bread.

"No, no. I should've been looking arou--y/n?"

Confused you looked up at the guy, wondering how he knew your name. He didn't look familiar at all. He had on black wire glasses, and his wavy brown hair almost matched his dark brown eyes. You shrugged and shook your head.

"Sorry I don't think I know you?" you said frowning and standing up. The guy's eyes widened for a moment, as if he was used to people recognizing him from off the street.

"I'm Oikawa...Oikawa Toru. We are in the same class."

"Oikawa!! Oh my gosh I didn't recognize you, y-you look...different!" you exclaimed, the awkwardness of the situation starting to ebb at you. You had just never seen him in glasses before, no wonder Superman could hide in plain sight!

"Thanks? I guess?" he replied, just as awkwardly as you. But before the conversation could shrivel up and die, Oikawa suddenly smiled at you sweetly, saying, "I'm really sorry about your bread, let me buy you more."

You felt heat spread throughout your face at the offer. You were already embarrassed that you hadn't recognized him, you didn't need to further embarrass yourself by making him pay for bread.  "Uhm, no i-it's alright you don't have to." you said waving your hand at him dismissively. "I'll see you around though Oikawa--"

"It's fine, seriously, I insist. Where'd you buy the bread?" he asked.

"Oh, just at that small bakery down the street. It's ok really, you don't have to pay for it. It's not like it's special bread or something." you explained but this time he waved his hand at you dismissively, his eyebrows furrowing together slightly.

"It's all good y/n. C'mon let's go before they run out of bread or something!" Oikawa said as he started to walk down the busy street a bounce evident in his step.

"Oikawa, it's the other way."

"I-I knew that!"

      ...

After you two went to the bakery, Oikawa wanted to walk you home, since it was getting kind of dark out. Again, you insisted that he didn't have to, but he really seemed adamant about it. His brown eyes shone in the cutest way from behind his glasses when you finally said yes to his offer. 

In spite of yourself, you blushed again, and desperately tried to hide your face from his view. How could one person be so damn captivating? And how had you not noticed him from your class?

He smiled at you, as you both walked side by side. His strides were long and purposeful, but he seemed to be intentionally slowing down just so he could walk at your side.

"Hey y/n, how do you think you did on that math quiz?" he asked you, leaning forward a little bit.

"I don't know, I think I did alright. How about you?"

"I stayed up all night that night studying for it and looking up volleyball plays, so I'm hoping I did good." he said nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders and smiling. His eyes drifted upwards, admiring the yellow and pink clouds of the sunset.

You could feel yourself getting warm again as you said, "I'm s-sure you did great. Don't worry about it."

He smiled proudly at your words but didn't comment. The rest of the walk was spent in comfortable silence, as the brilliant sunset became dark and subtle very quickly.

"Oikawa..." your voice trailed off as you stopped walking for a minute. He looked over at you with a raised eyebrow.

"Hmm?" 

"Um, I was just wondering...you're on the volleyball team."

"That's not really a question--"

"No I just meant like, since you're on the team...can I go to one of your games?" you asked him. You had never been to a volleyball game before, and you were damn curious.

If you thought his large brown eyes shined bright before, it was nothing compared to now.

"O-Of course you can go to our games! I can even give you, like, front row seats if want. Well there are usually front row seats anyway, but just in case." his words came tumbling out, before you could even get a word in. "And if you want, we could go get something afterwards. Like food I mean. We could get food. Together..."

"Like a date?" you asked bluntly, not shying away from him at all. But he wasn't shying away either. He met your gaze with intensity, and you smiled at him slyly. You yearned for the chance to know more about him. You definitely liked this intense side to him just as much as his silly side.

"Yeah...that's exactly right y/n." he said grinning, not losing the shine in his eyes. You rocked back and forth on your heels, clicking your tongue.

"I'd love to go on a date with you Oikawa!" you finally exclaimed, a bit louder than you had intended. A few people walking past you two smiled and chuckled at the scene.

"Ha! Alright then y/n. Can I pick the restaurant?"

"Hmm, I don't think so."

"So mean!"