Yu Nishinoya x Reader: Qualities

He is loud, he is blunt, he has spiky hair, and he is my height...so yes I love him! For this oneshot the reader will be a second year like him. This is more dialogue heavy than my other work (because I want to improve lol) so I hope it's alright. Enjoy!

You knew that Nishinoya always just blurted out whatever was on his mind. You actually thought it was an endearing quality...sometimes.

"Y/n!! You look really nice today!"

"Nishinoya...we're taking a test. But thank--"

"Both of you be quiet!" your teacher interrupted, glaring at you two angrily from her desk. You lowered your head in shame, as other students around you snickered to themselves.

You whispered a quiet 'sorry' before turning your attention back to your test. Nishinoya did the same but he had a wide smile plastered to his face the entire class period. He ended up getting a failing grade...

...

"Hey y/n, did you want to walk around town for a bit??"

"Shouldn't you...study for a little bit?" you asked pensively as you put your books in your schoolbag. Nishinoya was never one to worry about grades (obviously) unless it affected him and the volleyball club.

"Nah I'll be fine!" he replied, giving you a wide and joyful smile. His bright spirit was infectious so you couldn't help but accept his offer about walking around.

"If you say so. Alright let's go!"

You matched Nishinoya's fast walking pace, wondering if he wanted to go to a specific place.

It was a warm and sunny day out, so there were a lot of other people walking around. You spotted countless couples holding hands and laughing together.

You reached out timidly for Nishinoya's hand but he moved it before you could grasp it. You felt your face getting warm with embarrassment, and decided to just wait and hold his hand later.

"Here it is y/n! The best ice cream shop you'll ever go to!" He said excitedly, giving you a thumbs up.

"Oh man but I don't have any money Nishinoya..."

"It's alright I'll pay for it!" He replied immediately. He had obviously planned this, and you really appreciated the effort.

"Thank you...Nishinoya-senpai." You said teasingly, before walking into the shop. Nishinoya followed you close behind, wiping his now bloody nose.

"Senpai huh...jeez y/n don't just say that out of the blue like that."

"I'm sorry Nishinoya-senpai..."

"Ack! I'm gonna go get a tissue." He told you before walking straight to the bathroom. You chuckled at how easily he could get flustered around you.

It was just another one of his endearing qualities.

You eyed all of the flavors on the menu hanging by the register, trying to decide if you should mix flavors together or not. Nishinoya came out of the bathroom, and immediately told the man at the counter, "I'll have one scoop of vanilla, one scoop of chocolate, one scoop of the chocolate caramel, and one scoop of strawberry please. Can I also add chocolate sprinkles?"

"That'll be--"

"Extra! Yeah I know. It's fine with me." he replied and the man nodded, not skipping a beat.

"Have you decided yet?" he asked you, and you nodded your head.

"I'll just have two scoops of the chocolate caramel one."

"Great. That'll be right out."

You and Nishinoya sat down at a booth near the front door and you laughed. "I guess you're a regular here huh?"

"Yeah this place is great! But that guy at the counter is new so he doesn't know me yet." Nishinoya said, his brown eyes narrowing slightly.

"Pfft, but you'll make sure he knows you eventually right?"

"It's now my most important mission!" He replied, just as both of your orders were called from the 'new guy'. "I'll get 'em..."

You shook your head slowly at his loud antics, and watched him pay for the ice cream. Next time you would definitely pay for the ice cream...

"Wow y/n! How long do you think it'll take me to finish this?" Nishinoya asked you as he handed you your smaller ice cream cone. You eyed to towering scoops of ice cream and sighed.

"Hmm...maybe like five minutes?"

"Alright then I'll finish it in three!" he exclaimed before taking a massive bite of the first scoop. Yes, Nishinoya bit into his ice cream. You were appalled and kind of intimidated by that, but you decided not to say anything.

You licked your frozen treat and gasped. The flavors were so rich!

"Wow! Nishinoya this ice cream is amazing, like holy crap!" you said, beaming at him. He tried to smile back but his mouth was so full that it looked like he was grimacing instead.

In a few minutes you were already done with your treat, and Nishinoya looked like he was in severe pain. He ended up finishing his ice cream in three minutes like he had said, but at what cost?

"Are you alright?" you asked him and he shook his head furiously at you.

"I have a major brain-freeze!!" he yelled out, and you tried to contain your giggles. "It hurts y/n...I might not make it...tell my story when I'm gone."

"Do you want me to delete your internet history too?"

"Stop being sassy y/n! I'm in real pain!" he cried out dramatically, as he rubbed harsh circles around his temples. You breathed out and laughed at him, motioning for him to come closer to you.

He leaned forward and you leaned across the tiny table, until there wasn't even an inch separating you two. You brushed back his small lock of blonde hair and planted a gentle kiss on his forehead.

You leaned back in your seat and grinned at him, while he just gazed at you shocked. You weren't usually one for pda, but he was just acting too cute today for you not to kiss him. He blushed darkly and turned his face to the side.

"M-My lips also hurt y/n...they hurt real bad..."

"I think I can help with that Nishinoya-senpai." you said teasingly, as you got up from you seat and hovered over Nishinoya. He was grinning widely at you, and you leaned down slowly enjoying how your lips perfectly melded with his. You pulled away and jokingly asked, "Do they still hurt?"

"No, they feel great now y/n!!"