Chapter 1: My Father?

This starts right before Age Of Ultron, but, yes, Tony knows Peter and has already been mentoring him,  I suggest listening to the song while you read. :)

Spencer sat on her couch, tuning out of the conversation the police were having in front of her. She picked at the holes in her jeans mindlessly, wondering what the future would hold. Honestly, that upset her the most, the not knowing, the not having control. Not the fact that her mom was found dead in her car from a drug overdose. To be quite honest, she was happy, unsurprised, and guilty. The tears she had were more from guilt than anything else. Guilt for being relieved of her mom's passing. Shouldn't she be sad? Shouldn't she be grieving? Her mom was terrible, abusive, and hateful, but she was still her mom. Before her mind could delve deeper into the black hole that was her life, someone pulled her out of her thoughts. She turned to see Peter Parker, his hand on her shoulder.

"You okay?" he asked, sitting next to her. She shook her head,

"I'm a horrible person," she muttered, putting her face in her hands. He sighed.

"You're not sad she's gone," he said. He knew her so well.

"No, but I should be," she said, her eyes welling up with tears.

"Spence, your mom was abusive. Like, physically abusive, it's okay to be relieved," he insisted, putting an arm around her. She laid her head on his shoulder. Peter had only found out about the horrors a week before and had been trying to come up with a solid plan to get his best friend out of that household, but now he didn't have to. She just began to cry more and moved her head into his chest. He held her as she shook, not minding the tears soaking his shirt.

"It's going to be alright," he promised. They heard someone clear their throat and she looked up. A young police officer smiled and knelt to her.

"Hi, I'm Officer Keen, I'm going to stay with you until your father can get here," he said. She instantly sat up.

"My father?!" she exclaimed. He nodded sympathetically.

"Yes ma'am. It will be about a few hours, he's in court right now trying to get custody back, and it's looking good," he said. She began to have a panic attack and Peter grabbed her hand.

"Officer, I can stay with her," he said.

"I can too," they turned to see a blonde teenage girl standing there. Lacy Ross, Spencer's closest friend.

"I'm afraid I can't leave her here right now, she's a minor, and without a legal guardian saying it's okay for her to be alone, I have to stay, but you're welcome to stay as well," he said. Peter, sharing a look with Lacy, sighed but seeing as Spencer was getting worse, he turned to her instead of arguing with the officer.

"Spencer, breathe," he ordered, rubbing small circles on her back. She shook her head vigorously as she began to cry uncontrollably. Lacy knelt to her, grabbing her hands.

"I can't do it! I can't! I don't want to! No, no, no, no, no, no!" she screamed, clutching her hair and pulling. Her anxiety was smothering her at that moment. The idea of going to another parent, being around another male, terrified her. She felt like the world was caving in around her. The officer cursed under his breath and called a paramedic on his walkie.

"She doesn't need a paramedic!" Peter snapped at him before turning back to his best friend.

"Spencer, you can do anything, it will be fine. It's better than living with your mother and if it is bad, we'll get you out. Nothing is set in stone. You have to calm down," Peter ordered. She nodded as he continued to speak softly to her and eventually, her breath stabled and she fell into him.

"I'm sorry," she whispered as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"Don't apologize," he said.

It only took her a few minutes of Peter and Lacy comforting her for her to fall asleep, her head resting on Peter's lap. Lacy moved to sit next to Peter, pulling out her phone and snapping a pic.

"You guys are cute," she said. He rolled his eyes.

"So what caused that?" she asked, gesturing to her friend.

"Spencer has to move in with her dad," he answered. Lacy's eyes widened.

"She won't even talk about him and now she has to live with him?!" she whisper shouted. Peter nodded somberly.