3. Welcome to our camp

We had all snuck out of the building. The four of us were together in the impala, the others in the van, and Glenn driving the red Challenger.

We pulled up to a camp and hopped out of the car. I watch as Andrea runs and hugs someone who looks to be her sister. Morales runs to his family.

Rick then gets out and runs to his family. He hugs his son and then his wife. After everyone reunites with their family, their gaze lands upon the four of us, just standing there awkwardly.

"Everybody, this is Sam, Dean, and Abby Winchester, and this is their friend Cas." Rick introduced us. Everyone in the group came over and introduced themselves.

"This car yours?" Dale asked us. Sam and I both turned to Dean with a knowing look on our face.

"She's mine." Dean said, smiling proudly.

"That is one sweet ride you got there!" Dale said enthusiastically.

Shane came up to us, giving us a tent. "We had an extra one, two people can stay in it." He said with an annoyed look on his face. I could already tell I wasn't going to like him very much.

"Thanks." I said, giving him a tight smile.

We had decided that we would rotate, two of us staying in the car, the other two taking the tent.

------------------------------------------------------

The whole group was sitting around a fire talking. I was currently sitting down in between Dean and Rick.

"So, what did you guys do before the world ended?" Dale asked, looking between the four of us for an answer.

I quickly turned to look over at Dean, who clearly wasn't expecting the question. Neither was Cas or Sam because they were both silent.

"They worked for the FBI. I was still in college." I answered for them.

Rick seemed pretty pleased by this as he ended up carrying on a long conversation about the FBI and being a police officer with the boys.

"I think we're gonna call it a night." Sam said as he got up from the fire. "I got dibs on the tent."

"What are dibs?" Cas asked, confusion written all over his face. Everyone looked up at him like he was an idiot. I inwardly cringed knowing everybody probably thought he was crazy or something.

"Oh, Cas, you're so funny. Why don't you take the tent with Sam?" I asked, getting up and slightly shoving him towards the tent.

I turned back to Dean, who was standing there shaking his head and chuckling. I just rolled my eyes and walked over to the car, crawling into the backseat and laying down. Dean followed behind me and got into the front seat.

"You sure this is a good idea?" He asked me. I knew he didn't trust these people. Of course I didn't either yet, we just met them. But I knew it had to be a better option.

"Why not? I mean, you never know until you try. Besides, it'll be nice being around other people, new people, and you know not just guys all the time." I said, laughing lightly.

"Hey! You know you love hanging out with your brothers! At least me, I'm good company!" He protested.

"I never said you weren't." I said, both of us laughing.

"Goodnight, Dean." I said, just before letting out a yawn.

"Night, Abby." Dean said, shifting around to get comfortable.

I closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber, Dean following soon after. Both us missing the conversation outside about Merle Dixon still being handcuffed to the roof of the store. After all, we never went up to the roof, and we didn't even know who Merle was.