7. Locked and Loaded

We finally made our way to the hideout.

"You sure you're up for this?" Rick asked T Dog and Cas.

"Yeah."

"One wrong move, you get an arrow in the ass. Just so you know." Daryl told the kid.

"G's gonna take that arrow out of my ass and shove it up yours. Just so you know."

"G?" Rick questioned.

"Guillermo. He's the man here."

"Okay then. Let's go see Guillermo." Rick said.

We walk up to the building. As the doors open up, a man walks out, who I assume is G.

"You okay, little man?" He asked the boy.

"They're gonna cut off my feet, carnal."

"Cops do that?" He asked, looking at Rick.

"Not him. The redneck puto here and his psycho girlfriend. He cut off some dudes hand, man. He showed me." The kid said.

"Shut up." Daryl growled. I just stood there, not expecting the girlfriend part.

Another man comes out and is quick to point his gun at Daryl.

"Hey, that's the Vato right there, homes. He shot me in the ass with an arrow. What's up, homes, huh?"

"Chill, esé, chill. Chill. This true? He wants Miguelito's feet. That's sick, man." G said.

"We were hoping more for a calm discussion." Rick said.

"That hillbilly jumps Felipe's little cousin, beats on him, him and the hot chica threaten to cut off his feet, Felipe gets an arrow in the ass, Jorge gets a broken nose, and you want a calm discussion. You fascinate me." G said.

"Heat of the moment. Mistakes were made on both sides." Rick explained.

"Who's that dude to you anyway? You don't look related."

"He's one of our group, more or less. I'm sure you have a few like him." Rick answered.

"You got my brother in there?" Daryl spoke up.

"Sorry, we're fresh out of white boys. But I've got Asian. You interested?" He asked.

"I have one of yours, you have one of mine. Sounds like an even trade." Rick said.

"Don't sound even to me."

"G. Come on, man." The boy begged.

"My people got attacked. Where's the compensation for their pain and suffering? More to the point, where's my bag of guns?" G asked us.

"Guns?" Rick asked.

"The bag Miguel saw in the street. The bag Felipe and Jorge were going back to get. That bag of guns." G said

"You're mistaken." Rick said.

"I don't think so."

"About it being yours. It's my bag of guns."

"The bag was in the street. Anybody could come around and say it was theirs. I'm supposed to take your word? What's to stop my people from unloading on you right here and now and I take what's mine?" G asked.

"You could do that. Or not." Rick said, indicating to T Dog and Cas on the roof with sniper rifles.

We all look over as two men appear with Glenn on the other side of the roof.

"I see two options. You come back with Miguel and my guns, everybody walks. Or you come back locked and loaded, we'll see which side spills more blood." G said before turning and going back in the building.

We make our way back to another building and go in. Rick starts dividing guns between us.

"Them guns are worth more than gold. Gold won't protect your family or put food on the table. You're gonna give that up for that kid?" Daryl asked.

"If I knew we'd get Glenn back, I might agree. But you think that Vato across the way is just gonna hand him over?" T Dog asked.

"You calling G a liar?" The boy spoke up.

"You apart of this? You wanna hold onto your teeth?" Daryl asked, before slapping him.

"Question is, do you trust that mans word?" T Dog asked.

"No, question is what are you willing to bet on it? Could be more than them guns. Could be your life. Glenn worth that to you?" Daryl asked Rick.

"What life I have, I owe to him. I was nobody to Glenn, just some idiot stuck in a tank. He could have walked away, but he didn't. Neither will I." Rick answered.

"So you're gonna hand the guns over?" Daryl asked.

"I didn't say that. There's nothing keeping you four here. You should get out, head back to camp."

"And tell your family what?" T Dog asked him.

"C'mon this is nuts. Just do what G says." The boy pleaded.

We all agreed to go back with the guns. We made our way back and got to the door.

"I see my guns but they're not all in the bag." G said.

"That's because they're not yours. I thought I mentioned that." Rick said.

"I don't think you fully understand the gravity of the situation."

"No. We're pretty clear. You said come locked and loaded. Now here we are." I said, cocking my gun.

Suddenly, an old lady comes walking out and calling out for Felipe.

"Abuela, go back with the others now."

"Who are these people?" She asked. "Don't you take him. Felipe's a good boy. He has his trouble but he pulls himself together. We need him here." She said to Rick.

"Ma'am I'm not here to arrest your grandson. He's helping us find a missing person, named Glenn."

"The Asian boy. He's with Mr. Gilbert. Come, I'll show you." She said, tugging on Ricks arm.

"What the hell is happening?" I asked, looking over at Daryl. He just shook his head and quietly laughed to himself at the situation we were in.