02 - Cupid Got Me in a Chokehold

"Who are you?" I asked, this time my voice coming out a little more confident and strong.

Mr. Blue Eyes gave me what I'm assuming is his signature smirk before opening up his mouth again.

"Cupid."

"Yeah, and I'm Aphrodite," I say, rolling my eyes

His face falls from a charming smirk and into an unimpressed look. He's evidently unimpressed, unamused, and bothered. 

'Cupid' over here didn't seem to find my comment funny, in fact, he almost seems mad. Somebody needs to either take a chill pill or learn about sarcasm.

"That's an insult to the real Aphrodite," he says under his breath, but I still manage to hear his statement clearly.

Is he trying to say that I'm not as talented as a goddess? If so, I can take that. After all, I can hardly even walk in a straight line.

"And why's that?" I ask, semi-confused and wanting a proper explanation for his abrasiveness.

"Aphrodite is a lot prettier than you," he states with a dry laugh.

Now, at this exact moment, I feel the sudden urge to punch him square in the jaw. Cupid or not. This man has some nerve and only seems to be rude. Maybe if I did punch him then he would be knocked off of his high horse, he's definitely an arrogant man who lacks mannerism.

"You're one to talk," I scoff, not wanting to be the center of all ridicule.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" Cupid asks, raising one of his perfectly arched eyebrows.

"You aren't the prettiest flower in the field either," I say as I begin to brush myself off.

Now, that may or may not have been a lie. Well, it was a lie. Cupid is beyond handsome with his walnut-colored hair and striking blue eyes, he looks like a piece of art. All the men I've seen in my lifetime could never compare to him. But, he didn't need to know what I truly thought because that would only boost his sky-high ego.

"Liar," he exclaims, seeing right through me.

"Am not," I retort, a little too quickly.

"Really? Then why is your voice suddenly high pitched?" he asks with a fake concerned face.

'Why is your voice suddenly high pitched?'

"Orion, if you kill him now then you won't be able to acquire the necessary knowledge on as to what exactly is going on," I say to myself in my head.

I have to remind myself this in order to proceed, Cupid quite frankly was a cause for my sudden rage.

He's made me wish that the pain didn't stop.  If the pain didn't stop then I wouldn't have to deal with him.

I simply glare at him.

I have better things to argue over with him or ask. I could ask why I felt like I had been shot through the heart...