18 - Is This Happiness?

I woke up bright and early, as in the sunlight woke me up from my slumber

I tried to get myself up, but I was automatically pulled back down.

I felt arms around my waist and a chest against my back. What the fuck.

The grip was firm and I tried my best wiggling out of it. I struggled and moved the arms away just to feel them come back. Then I felt something, what I assume was a head nuzzling into the crook of my neck.

"Orion," the voice said sleepily.

It was Eros, as to why I have no such idea.

"Eros let me go, I have to pee," I say and take myself away from his embrace.

Firstly, why was I in an embrace? Secondly, why am I in an embrace? Thirdly, why am I in an embrace with Eros?

He was acting weird, almost nice... Or something.

I shake the thought to the side for the moment and stumble to the bathroom just to realize my head hurts like hell.

Repercussions of drinking. Why do I do this to myself?

I grab some hangover worthy pills and then shut the cabinet, then I use the bathroom.

As I step out and back into my room I see the same bare-chested muscular Eros on my bed, this time sitting.

"You don't remember last night do you?" he asks softly, looking me directly in the eyes.

I guess another repercussion of drinking was that I don't remember too much. I remember picking up my phone, Eros being on my roof, and indirectly kissing him. Other than that I don't remember anything else and just woke up in the arms of a bare-chested-

"We didn't um..." I begin to say and gesture to his bare chest.

"No, I would never take advantage of a lady while she was under the influence, I'm not that big of a douchebag," he replies, looking almost a little sad.

I let out a pleasant sigh and went back to the bathroom and grabbed him two pills and some water.

"Here," I say and pass the items.

He stares at them and then shakes his head.

"Thanks but no thanks."

I give him a questionable look.

"Hangovers are sometimes the best part of drinking, your body hurts you for being so stupid and doing things that others dead drunk wouldn't realize or remember," he says, mumbling the end.

Somebody was grumpy in the morning, who made him wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

I shake my head in confusion and find clothes to wear before slipping into the bathroom to change.

I should wear makeup; it'll make me look more hey-I-didn't-get-shitfaced-I'm-just-tired.

After about ten minutes I'm back out of the bathroom to see Eros still on my bed, but now pulling a shirt over his head.

His face then winces after he puts the shirt on, probably from the pain of his throbbing headache.

"Take the pills," I yell playfully, smacking him with a pillow.

"No," he says back.

"Then at least come with me to get a cup of coffee at where Kyle works," I say, poking him in the stomach.

He doesn't give me the smile I desire and I just ignore his attitude. I grab his hand, pulling him off my bed and into the passenger seat of my car.

"How are you so damn active and awake while being hungover?" he asks, wincing at the sight of sunlight.

I laugh and just don't respond, turning on the radio. I settle for some overplayed song that will surely annoy the shit out of Eros.

After about ten seconds into the song, I find his hand reaching for the stereo.

I smack it away.

"No touching," I say in my best Eros impression.

He rolls his eyes.

"Orion, I have a middle finger for you!" he says in his best impression of me, and let me say this...

It was awful, ten octaves too high and I'm pretty sure his voiced cracked somewhere. I laugh, hard.

I then stare at him for a moment in the midst of my laughter; he has a smile played on his lips.

"Eyes on the road," he says in barely a whisper.