One

A/N so this is my 2ND Dramione fanfction and i am so stoked for you guys, i have tried a couple different things with my writing style so plez let me know what you think and how i could improve. also if anyone would like to make a cover for this book plez send it to me.

Friday, June 19th, 19981.20
It was over.
Finally over.
Completely, utterly over.
The wizarding world had breathed a collective sigh of relief that night in which Voldemort had fallen, the news spreading faster than wildfire.
Hogwarts had (amazingly) held strong around them as the remaining students had cried in relief knowing that despite all the sadness, the pain, the trauma, it was going to be alright in the end.

The sun had finally re-emerged from the clouds, and the future was looking brighter than ever.
Hermione Granger wandered along the almost empty sun-lit corridors of Hogwarts, a gleam of sadness in her eyes as she walked the halls that were so familiar. She was always sad to leave Hogwarts for the summer holidays but this time was different. Next year would mean seventh year; and after that she would graduate and leave the place that had become one of her three homes.
On top of that there were NEWTs, and then her career to figure out. She felt slightly giddy at the thought of it.

She should start studying over the holidays, and then she'd be prepared. But more than that clouded her mind as she slowly walked along, gazing out the window to the sunny Hogwarts grounds.So much had happened in the past year; she had lost friends, and almost lost Harry and Ron. The Wizarding World was still reeling from the impact of Voldemort and his followers as Death Eaters were rounded up and imprisoned or put on trial, and as Death Eaters that had fought for the light side in the war were interrogated, and often put into recovery groups to help heal the scars that had been carved into their lives.

The wizarding world was finally healing, and it was different.All the remaining students were looking forward to the holidays this year. After what had happened, they all needed a break.Hermione, Ron and Harry had returned soon after the final battle to spend some time at Hogwarts. They had had a month back at Hogwarts together, spending most of their time with the new Headmistress, Minerva McGonagall, helping to complete repairs on the castle, along with the other witches and wizards that had volunteered their time.

It seemed that almost every single student from every single year had accepted the offer to repeat, minus the first and second years. Many parents had refused to send their children after the death of Albus Dumbledore while Voldemort still maintained an iron grip, and now that it was safe the students were coming back, slowly but steadily, their letters flooding in day by day."I am so tired of all these bloody owls!" McGonagall had huffed one day as she and Hermione scoured records to update which students had and hadn't confirmed a return, interrupted by the thunk of an owl smashing into the closed office window.

Hermione had tried not to giggle.She had just returned from the library, giving Madam Pince back the twenty books that she'd loaned to read for the scant few weeks they had been back at Hogwarts. The train left in about 40 minutes, and this was her last time alone for awhile.Ron and Harry were playing wizards chess in the Great Hall, always competitive.

The moment they boarded Hermione would cease to have a moment to herself. Ginny would be asking her questions, Ron would be nagging her to put her book down and Harry would just sit there agreeing with him or making gooey eyes at Ginny while he offered her sweets like she was a goddess which needed to be plied with sugar.

Although Ginny was rather like a goddess, her fierce spirit and determination making her stronger each day.She was so caught up in her own thoughts that she didn't even notice that there was one other student in the corridor, who was too busy reflecting on his own complicated life to notice anyone else. The two were so busy thinking about other things that they didn't even notice each other until...With a smack, the two collided.