three

5.04 PM

Hermione gasped, trying to gather as much air into her lungs as she could. With one look at Malfoy, though, she burst into fits of giggles again. He was imitating Ron at the table, with his hands he scooped up air and pretended to shove it into his mouth, making groaning and smooching noises at the same time. Hermione closed her eyes, tears streaming from them due to the fit of giggles she had been in for the last half an hour, at least.

The two sat next to each other on the far side of the broom closet, the light from Draco's lumos still casting a white glow over the stones. Hermione wiped the tears from her eyes, looking up at Draco.

"Stop it!" she gasped between giggles, sliding down the wall as she clutched her stomach, "I can't breathe." He smirked, looking down at her with amusement.

"And yet another first-never thought I'd be able to make you breathless." He said with a wink. She turned red.

"Oh shut-up." She said, swatting his leg. He laughed at her irritation, making her scowl.

"You wish." He said.

"You only talk to hear the sound of your own voice!" she cried.

"I'm not that self-absorbed, Granger." He said with a snort.

"Prove it, then." she challenged. He sighed.

"Didn't you learn before that you should never challenge a Malfoy?" he asked, clucking his tongue disapprovingly. She snorted.

"Alright, ask me a question you don't think I know the answer of."

Hermione's eyebrows furrowed together as she thought furiously.

"Aha! I've got it. What's my favourite non-magical book?" she asked, triumphant that he would definitely not know the answer. He smirked.

"Too easy, it's Pride and Prejudice." He answered. Hermione's mouth fell open in surprise.

"How-" she stammered. Draco's smirk grew wider.

"How did you know?" she asked in shock.

"Not only am I smarter than you, but I'm incredibly observant too, I already said this." he smirked at her and when she raised her eyebrows at him he sighed.

"Alright, alright. Once between classes, Crabbe accidentally-" He was cut off by Hermione coughing. He glared at her as he continued.

"Anyway, Crabbe accidentally knocked you over, sending your bag flying, and I saw it fall out. You grabbed the book pretty quickly though, almost like you were embarrassed. So I went to the library, and asked Madame Pince. She pointed me to it in the Muggle section, not without giving me weird looks though. Figures you'd be embarrassed, it's a real romance book."

Hermione gasped.

"You read a...a muggle book?" Draco looked at her strangely.

"Of course I did. I figured if anything, I could use it to my advantage. So do tell, did you imagine Weasel or Potty as Mr. Darcy?" he smirked at her. She glowered at him.

"For your information, neither!" she replied, feeling ill at the thought of Harry or Ron being like Mr. Darcy. Draco laughed.

"Well, who is it then? Not one of the other dimwit boys in Gryffindor, I hope." He said. Hermione laughed.

"I don't think so!" He smirked.

"It's not a Hufflepuff, is it?" he asked. Hermione giggled.

"Even worse than the idea of any boys from Gryffindor being like Mr. Darcy!"