two

1.57 PM

Draco and Hermione sat, and they waited, and waited, and waited. But no-one came to rescue them. They sat in uncomfortable silence, both thinking about how boring and quiet it was, and how long it would be before someone realised that they were missing.

'Surely, someone must be wondering where I am.' Draco thought to himself. A small frown settled itself on his forehead as he pondered this.

'Wouldn't Harry and Ron have noticed that I'm gone? Surely they can't be that involved in a violent game of chess.' she frowned and paused, 'On second thoughts, maybe they can.'

With a huff, she sighed, stretching her legs out from under her, and crossing her arms.

Draco was jolted out of thought by Hermione's actions, and looked at her.

"No worries, just take up the already limited space, thanks for asking." he rolled his eyes.

"I'm-" she started, but was cut off by a short, sharp whistle.

"What was that?" Draco asked, looking a bit confused.

"And there I was thinking you were smart, Malfoy." Hermione said, rolling her eyes. Draco scoffed at her before she continued.

"It was the Hogwarts Express parting whistle." She stated. He glared at her for a moment before it both dawned on them.

"No." She whispered. The two jumped up off the floor, both racing to the broom closet door and trying to open it, to no avail. The door stayed firmly shut, and nothing they did would move it. Minutes later, another sharp whistle could be heard, echoing softly through the castle as the train pulled away from the station.

2.10 PM

Down on the train at the station, Ginny watched the last of the teachers and students boarding the Hogwarts Express through her window in their compartment. Harry and Ron were talking about Quidditch, and Luna and Neville were cuddled up discussing fresh water plimpies. Everything seemed fine, but she couldn't help but feel that something wasn't right.

"Hey." She said softly, causing everyone to look at her. She blushed at the sudden attention.

"Does anyone know where Hermione is?" she asked. Ron shrugged and Harry looked thoughtful. Luna looked worried.

"Hermione's missing?" she asked. Neville shook his head.

"No, It's just she wasn't with us in the hall before we left." He said absently, before turning back to Luna and resuming their talk.

"Maybe she's in another carriage? She seemed pretty quiet today. Maybe she wants to read without all of us bothering her?" Harry replied. Ron nodded.

"Yeah, I mean, we'll probably see her during the holidays. Remember she's supposed to be coming over to the Burrow for lunch." He said. Ginny frowned.

"It doesn't feel right." She murmured. Harry took her hand with a smile.

"Don't worry, Gin." He said.

"But I do."

"We'll hear from her."

"I suppose." Ginny sighed, combing a hand through her hair as she looked out the window.

2.13 PM

Meanwhile, down in the Slytherin compartment, Pansy sat with Blaise, Goyle and Theodore Nott who were setting up a game of exploding snap for the trip home. She suddenly realised that something was missing and looked around, worried.

"Has anyone seen Draco?" She asked. Goyle and Theo shrugged, returning to setting up the game as Goyle chewed on some lollies that they had all brought from the Trolley for the trip home.