Seven

10.00 PM

While Draco had napped for an hour, Hermione had conjured and eaten more apples, and had since been curled against the wall revising a potion recipe in her head when she had fallen asleep. It had only been for a few minutes, and she'd been jolted awake by her head jerking back from falling. She scrunched her eyes tight and then rubbed them, wishing that she could open her eyes and be back at her house, even though it was empty. She raised her head to look around the room. Draco was curled up on the other side of the room, apparently sleeping.

Her eyes felt crusty, and she remembered crying. With a sad frown, she tried to block out the words that had hurt so much.

She guessed that things between her and Malfoy were back to the usual...Insults and not speaking. They hadn't really spoken so far anyway, except when they were drunk.

And even then it wasn't a conversation. She sighed.

Her body felt heavy and she stretched her limbs one by one, while yawning.

Her hangover was still there, though dull this time, and she was still so sleepy.

She briefly wondered if one day, Filch would open the door to find two skeletons sitting in the corner. What a scandal that would be.

"Do you ever stop thinking, Granger?" Malfoy asked, his voice low and husky. It sent small shivers up her spine but she ignored them. Looking up at Draco she frowned.

"Do you ever stop being a git?" she asked. He smirked in response.

"It comes as part of the package. Most girls don't mind it at all. But then you're not like most girls, are you Granger?" She glared at him.

"Why don't you shut-up and do something useful, like find us a way out of here." She growled.

"Why, that's a fine idea, Granger. Might be the smartest thing you've ever said." He said, lifting himself gracefully off the floor and walking around the room, looking for a possible hidden exit.

She then noticed a glass sitting carefully next to her, filled with what looked like water. Giving it a tentative sniff, and after sipping from it carefully to make sure it wasn't any more alcohol, Hermione downed it it, thankful. Refilling the glass with 'Aguamenti', she drank until she wasn't thirsty anymore and was almost headache free.

She stood, curling the cloak around her shoulders and trying not to inhale its scent while she scanned for an exit.

"Nothing." She said in a dull voice.

"Don't give up hope yet, Granger." He said as he walked over to the door. Hermione scowled and quietly followed him, but as she went to take a step she missed and tumbled backwards, her head bumping painfully into the wall.

Draco went over to the door and after looking for a space around it and finding nothing decided to go for the most direct approach.

He grasped the door handle and twisted. And then he pulled. To his utter joy and delight, the door creaked open.

"Granger!" he cried as the door slowly swung open, "The door's open!"

No response came, and he turned around "Granger?" he asked, and then he saw her sprawled on the floor.

"Ow."

"Shit! Granger?" He grabbed a bucket and propped the door open and raced down the steps to her, pulling her off the ground into a sitting position. She groaned in response, reaching up to gently touch at a spot on her head.

"What happened?"

"I missed a step." she replied, wincing as he pried her fingers away.

"Stop touching it. Can you stand up?" he asked, and she nodded. But when he pulled her up, she moaned and reached out for the wall before throwing up on the floor.