18 - Tongue like Honey

I look out the window in the apartment I was staying at

I look out the window in the apartment I was staying at. I paid for the next two months in cash, and had currently been here for close to two weeks. I took a cab once I had reached the airport, and went seventy miles east on cash alone. I did this to avoid the guys, since I knew they'd be looking for me.

I couldn't do that to them though. They worked so hard for their careers, so hard for the lives they were currently living; I couldn't make them give it up.

But I missed them. Good God did I miss them. I missed Ronan's messy dark hair and Finches warm eyes, Theo's commanding voice and the way they acted as a group. I loved them, I loved them I loved them I loved them.

It was pathetic.

I was pathetic.

I glanced down at the top big of t shirt I wore, an old Cross Enterprises t shirt Theo had snagged for me one day. I pulled it up to my nose, inhaling the scent of all three of them with my eyes shut. I could feel the familiar pin pricks behind my closed eyelids, my hair wild since I haven't even bothered to brush it since I'd been here.

I knew I needed to get out and get my life together again, go to school and figure out exactly what the hell I'm planning on doing with my life, but I want to wallow in my own self pity for a bit. I curl onto my side as tears fall all over again, a scratchy throw I had bought from Target curling itself around me.

My eyes snapped up when the doorbell rang, my eyebrows furrowing as I glanced at the clock hanging up on the wall. I walked to the door and peeked through the peep hole and grit my teeth, the same familiar features of my mother glaring back at me. I kept the latch on as I opened it up only a few inches, enough to make sure she had a glance at me and I could see her.

"What do you want?" I asked weakly, her glare answering back.

"Money. I'm your mother, I gave birth to you, and you cut off your account from mine!" She slammed her palm against the door, causing it to rattle against the chain. I flinched, watching as she grinned.

She backed up, giving me enough time to dive away from the door as she lifted her skinny leg and kicking in the door. I grit my teeth as I stood, glaring at her as she dragged closer to me. Her eyes were glazed and the whites tinted pink, her lips curled into a cross between a snarl and a sinister grin.

"Get the fuck out of my apartment, I'm an adult now and you can't do shit." She smirked before giggling, a high pitched laughter that caused me to want to cover my ears.

"Funny that you think you can escape me. I found you here, didn't I? And where are those boys of yours, huh?" She leaned in to me, her hot breath spraying across my face. I shut my eyes, begging for no tears to escape me as she spoke. "I found you, why haven't they? Huh? Do they just not care?"

"You're wrong." She chuckled, pulling away before extending her palm across my cheek. Her skin was scratchy as she pulled it away again before slapping me once across my cheek.

"I'm right. Get your account linked back or I'll be back." She turned away and sauntered our of my apartment, shutting the door behind her with a slam as I collapsed onto my knees.

Was she right? I kept waiting, waiting for them to somehow find me magically and save me.

I always told myself I didn't need any men to save me, that I could always save myself, but I so desperately wanted them at my side. I left that hell, but the guys weren't with me. I loved them, I love them, but I ran away and I feel so incredibly stupid.

Another pounding at the door knocks me from my self misery as I stood, gripping the knob as I flung it open. "What more do you want!"

My breath caught as my eyes widened, my fingers gripping the door as I stared at them. Speak of the devil, the three devils...

"Willow?" Finch looked worse for wear as he looked at me, his eyes trained on my cheek where I'm sure a bruise was forming already.

"Wha-what're you guys doing here?" I asked softly, adverting my eyes from the three of their gazes.

"Willow baby, we're here to bring you home." My eyes flashed up to Theo as I shook my head quickly, bringing the door closer.

"No, I'm sorry." I moved to shut the door when Theo pushed it open with his large palm splayed across the wood, his bright blue eyes staring at me.

"We know about my dad Willow –"

"No you don't!" I backed up, my eyes burning as I tried to force myself from crying. I couldn't be a crybaby right now, I couldn't let myself break down just yet. When they left, then I could. "You have zero clue!"

"Then tell us Sugar!" I shook my head as I backed into my apartment, the sounds of their footfalls following behind me.

"They'll take the restaurant! They shut down across Industries and take all of you away to jail!" I shouted, spinning around as those traitorous tears dropped down my cheeks. Ronan moves to wrap his arms around me as I shrieked and shook my head at him, backing away even more.

"No! No touching, you touch me and I'll break and throw myself at you, please..." My voice sounded broken as I backed away from him even more, his eyes hurt as he watched me.

"Babygirl, please listen to us. We took care of Ronan's father, your mother –"

"She was just here." Finch finished, his eyes trained on my cheek still. His hair was pulled back tight, not allowing any of his curls to spring free. I don't like it, I don't like any of it.

Ronan looked exhausted, his beard growing out across his face. His clothes were rumpled and full of wrinkles, much like Theo and Finch. Finch had his hair pulled back and his warm amber eyes looks dull, and looked as if he hasn't slept or eaten in days. Theo looked exactly the same as the other two, his skin shining with sweat and his eyes pleading with me.

"I, She –"

"The police are looking for her Will, they caught my father and are detaining him. They plan to deport him back to Berlin and have their police take care of him, they won't hurt us anymore." My mouth stood slightly ajar as I stared at Ronan, my fingers wringing themselves out.

"Re-really?" I stuttered, eyeing the three of them closely.

"God, Sugar–" Finch spoke as he bounded forward and wrapped his arms around my torso, pushing his lips straight against my own.

I missed them, I missed the warmth they ignited within me. He tasted like chocolate and red velvet cake that I knew he ate whenever he got stressed. I could feel the other two bodies wrapping themselves around me on the other sides, lemon and mint and coffee and sugar wrapping all around me and inducing me into a cloud that I missed.

I moved away from Finches lips and got attached to a brand new set, one tasting like coffee and a tongue that tasted like honey. Ronan's fingers slid all around my cheek as Finch found one side of my neck and Theo caressed the other. I grinned behind his lips, a slight moan escaping as Theo nipped at the skin across my throat.

Mint lemon lips. Mint lemon lips attached themselves to me as I took in a breath and found a tongue tasting me. I had jelly legs, jelly legs that stood me tall and fingers touched and stroke and elicited little whimpers from that I didn't even know I would create. A hand wrapped itself in my hair and tugged, pulled my lips away from Theo as he stared at me. Theo large hands gripped my strands as he stared, his warm brown eyes blazing an inferno that only he myself could create.

And I put it there.

"Bedroom. Now."