Chapter Fourteen - Stories

Author's Note:

So I wanted to show you the past. the history about the Twiads. and how Renton is like earth so much. 

Please vote and comment! I will work as fast as I can. maybe some comments and votes will encourage me ;) 

Thank you for reading!

.......................................................................................................................................................................................... 

Chapter Fourteen - Stories

The next morning, I lifted my head off the pillow. Zack was sound asleep behind me against the wall. Jack was asleep in the chair again. I tiptoed to my bag. I wanted to brush my teeth and maybe wash a up bit before everyone woke up.

Of course that entire plan vanished in basically one word.

"Morning," Jack greeted, with his eyes still closed.

"Okay. How did you do that?" I demanded.

He always seemed to know when I was awake. I wasn’t sure if that was a creepy thing or not, but it always startled me when he did that.

"Remember. Light sleeper."

I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed a gray shirt and black shorts. Zack was still asleep when I got back after changing. Jack looked like he had fallen back to sleep. I stuffed my clothes back into the bag before heading towards the cooler.

"Are you ready for some more traumas today?" Jack asked. His eyes still closed, as if he were sleep talking.

"Sure," I muttered.

Zack started snoring lightly. He was really out of it. I was surprised that I wasn’t limping or in a mini comma from yesterday’s slap in the face. Honestly it nearly knocked me out.

"Did Zack ever tell you about our planet? Our history?" Jack asked.

"Um... Sort of."

"Haven't you ever wondered why our planet is so much like earth?"

I have wondered that. But I never wanted to ask Zack that. His mother died a long time ago, when he was five. It might even hurt Jack more because he was seven when his mom was killed.

"Yes I have."

"Well... They say a few thousand years ago we all lived on earth. The Twiads were much different back then, more scary. We were a lot taller, maybe seven feet or so. Our skin was pure black with white spots. We looked like all races combined. Our hands were like claws. We were incredibly fast and strong; I've even heard we could somehow read minds by touch. Then a small piece of earth broke off. There weren’t a lot of people back then obviously. The cavemen days I guess…" He laughed lightly.

I was leaning closer to listen. I sat down next to him with my focus only on him.. He still talked like he was asleep.

"Go on," I encouraged eagerly.

"So when the earth broke off it formed another planet. Renton. It’s actually a piece of the earth. It traveled far. The people on the new Renton were mainly Twiads. The Twiads stayed together most of the time. But there was still a few of us on earth. The ones on earth were killed because we were so different and scary. But the ones on Renton weren't. Who knows why? Probably because we outnumbered them."

I nodded for him to continue.

"Eventually our race and your race had this connection; because there were so few of us and them on Renton. They all stuck together, and fell in love. That's how we look different from back then. I don't know how a human could have found the Twiads attractive. But it must have been such a connection between them. Love works in mysterious ways Samantha." He finally looked at me. I was lost in thought. Picturing how they used to look.