Chapter Ten-Reggie

Here's chapter 10, this is the one I accidentally posted instead of chapter 7, so some of you may have already read it, sorry!

**

I lean against the edge of the balcony, a blunt in one hand and my iPhone in the other as I read Penny's text message about wanting to hook up again. I can't even bring myself to reply. I knew I shouldn't have given her my number, but I can't just deny a girl digits minutes after having her lips around my dick. I'm a gentleman.

I laugh out loud at myself, knowing I'm anything but.

A black SUV pulls into a parking spot right outside my building and I watch from afar as Blake helps Olivia out of the backseat. Once the door is shut, he presses her against it and I can hear her giggles from up here as his mouth lowers to her neck.

He makes it look so easy to be with her, so effortless to touch her. She's the highest high I could possibly imagine. Even the thought of being with her the way he is, has me inebriated. And here he is, making it seem as if she's just an average girl. Maybe to him, she is and I'm just some regular jackass who has her on some kind of pedestal.

I'm not an idiot, I knew Olivia would eventually snag some guys' attention. It didn't take long for her to attract mine, but I wasn't prepared for how it would leave me. I care about this girl, I always have and she's aware of it to a certain extent.

I mean, she has to be, how could she not? Sure, I'm an asshole sometimes and yes, I'm guilty of being slightly overprotective, but I have good intentions, whether she believes it or not.

I put out my joint and snatch up the drink that's resting beside me on the ledge, finishing off the golden colored liquor. I want to punch myself in the face for watching long enough to catch Blake's grimy hands slide to get a handful of Olivia's ass. He whispers something in her ear, making her laugh as she buries her face into his chest.

Finally they say their goodbyes and Olivia comes waltzing closer to the building. Blake's a dick for not making sure she actually makes it inside. Moments later the front door swings open and I grab the closest pack of cigarettes to make it seem like I just walked out here.

She doesn't even notice that I'm out here right away, but I hear her footsteps head for the kitchen. I place the cigarette between my lips and cup my hand over the flame from my lighter to ignite the end, inhaling deeply.

"You're still up?" Olivia questions, stepping outside, holding a Chinese take out carton of the vegetable Lo Mein I got her earlier. She uses a set of chopsticks to feed noodles into her mouth.

I take another drag of my cigarette as she walks out onto the balcony. Her shoes are off and I can see her mermaid covered socks. Dressed like a badass from head to ankle, feet are strictly adorable.

"Did you have a good time?" I ask, not wanting to make eye contact.

"Yeah, it was fun. Your friend Dude was there," she informs me.

My eyes jerk over to her as she pulls herself up to sit on the wide ledge. There's plenty of room for her to sit and it's more than strong enough to hold her, but I still get a little queasy thinking about her falling backwards.

"How do you know Dude?" He's been over a handful of times, but I don't remember introducing them. Though, there are so many things I don't remember, I have alcohol to thank and hate for that.