Chapter Eighteen - Reggie

As much as I don't particularly like Keely, I can't say the girl doesn't have the ability to bring out Olivia's best features. Within an hour, Olivia has color back in her face and her curls are so bouncy and shiny that they're practically alive.

I wasn't wrong when I picked out her high waist jeans, they really do make her ass look even better. Fuck. Maybe I shouldn't have done that, I'm going to be fighting guys off left and right.

Thankfully with the style of jeans she has on, paired with the crop top, there's only about an inch and a half of her skin showing. However it's just enough to send my head spinning with curiosity of seeing the rest of her.

Olivia tips her head back and shakes out her curls, making them bounce as she scrunches them. "Okay, let's get this over with so I can get back to my Netflix binge," she says, leading the way to the door.

I'm determined to make sure she has a good time tonight and if that means staying dry, whether it's liquor or ladies, so be it.

We pile into my truck and head over to Frankie's friends place. I think he said his name's Dawson, but fuck if I know.

When Frankie suggested we hit up this party, I figured it was the perfect opportunity to get Olivia out of the house. Apparently Olivia isn't just ignoring her parents, she's ignoring everybody.

So when were walking across campus earlier and just so happened to bump into Keely and Penny, I knew I'd need their help. I asked Keely to help Olivia get ready like she sometimes does and had Penny make sure Blake would be there. Of course they both jumped at the opportunity.

And I'm sure I'll hate myself for telling Penny to invite Blake, but I can't let Olivia ruin the things that make her happy just because she's hurt over this shit with her parents. Blake's not entirely terrible, so I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"So who's party are we going to?" Olivia asks from the backseat. I look over at Frankie because this was all his idea.

Frankie looks back to answer her. "This guy Dalton, in my economics class, he throws parties all the time. He's a little sketchy, but free booze, right?"

Dalton? Fuck, maybe this was a bad idea. As long as Olivia and I steer clear of him, everything will be fine, but Sketchy is definitely an understatement after what Dude has told me. He's the guy you go to if you really want to jump off the wagon. Rich, straight-A students use him for Adderall and junkies use him for stronger shit.

"I had Penny tell Drea and the guys," Keely tells Olivia.

That's the other thing, I made sure Keely would take most of the credit from this little set up.

"Keely, I don't really want to see—"

"I know what you said earlier, but you should at least tell him you're still into him and that you're not just trying to blow him off," she insists. "I don't know what's going on with you, but whenever you figure everything out, you'll wish you hadn't messed things up with Blake. I know you."

I look up at my rear view mirror and see Olivia sulking in the seat with her arms folded over her chest.

Once we arrive I keep Olivia tucked under my arm as we push through the crowd until we reach the kitchen. Coolers are lined up against the wall, snacks cover the island and counter tops. I turn to face her. "What's your poison tonight?"

She gives a lousy shrug. "I don't know, Reggie, you wanted me here, so here I am," She snaps.

"Hey." I step close to her, sliding my hands along the sides of her neck, tilting her head up to look at me. "Fuck everything going on with your parents and don't let Keely get in your head about Blake. You look sexy as hell and you don't need to waste it moping around. Just have fun tonight, got it? That's all I want."