Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

"Jesus, are you sure there's nothing we can do about this?"

I didn't get to hear Kieran's response as another wave of nausea struck me and I doubled over the toilet, clutching at the seat as the contents of my stomach heaved up through my throat, splashing into the toilet bowl. The sound of my retching echoed off the walls, along with my gasps in between, and Thorn was right there to hold my hair back and stroke my back gently.

Meanwhile, Kieran was standing on my other side, touching my shoulder, murmuring things that were meant to be encouraging, but couldn't be heard over the sound of my vomiting.

"He can't take any medications," Kieran told Thorn as I eased up again, trembling as I clutched the seat of the toilet, "But Hades has been called. He'll probably arrive shortly." Thorn sighed in frustration as I managed to stand up straight, and he put his hands on my waist to hold me steady as my teeth chattered as goosebumps road over my skin. Kieran broke away to get me some water and mouthwash.

"Good thing Cerberus took Blaine and the kids into the city today," Thorn muttered, stroking the hair back from my face so he could study me in concern, "The last thing we need are those two under the same roof together." I nodded numbly as he led me back into the bedroom after I'd cleaned out my mouth. I sat on the bed, feeling shaky as Kieran went to fetch more water and Thorn went to tell Tristan I was gonna stay in bed for the rest of the day.

Thorn was right, though. After Blaine's chilling words yesterday, I didn't want Hades to be here in case Blaine did anything, or vice versa. I didn't need to deal with their back and forth right now. I hadn't been able to properly eat anything the whole day because I was so sick. The dizziness was also settling in, making things worse.

So for once, I didn't argue with anyone and let Thorn tuck me into bed. He sat beside me, stroking my hair and rubbing my belly as I took deep breathes through my nose and out through my mouth. Kieran sat on the other side, touching my belly, then my forehead, checking my vitals to the best of his ability.

"I hope Hades makes it here soon. I'm not sure if he's developed anything for you to take during your pregnancy or not and all this vomiting isn't really doing you both any good. You're looking a bit anemic," he admitted grimly. I didn't know what to say, didn't trust myself to talk anyway in case I got sick, so I just nodded slightly and closed my eyes, breathing gently and slowly. Thorn stayed by my side, reassuring me everything was gonna be okay, and fuck, if it wasn't for him, I would've given up a long time ago. I swallowed tightly and peered up at him as he brushed his hand through my hair.

"I love you," I managed, feeling a swell of tears threaten to surge forward. Thorn smiled lovingly and leaned down, kissing my forehead before he took my hand in his.

"I love you too, babe." I gave his hand a squeeze to let him know I really appreciated him.

A couple minutes later, there was a knock at the door and I immediately felt my anxiety skyrocket. I held my breath for a moment, watching Kieran get up off the bed to go answer the door. Thorn frowned, giving my hand a reassuring squeeze. I heard the door crack open, some soft murmurs exchanged before Hades came around the corner into the room.

Gods, he looked exhausted, I noted. Dark circles under those glowing blue eyes, his long black hair was coiled up into a sloppy bun, a few loose strands hanging around his face and onto his shoulders. He wasn't dressed for social interaction, but rather just a pair of black sweatpants and a band t-shirt, his massive boots thumping on the floor as he made his way over to the bed. Each sound of his boots hitting the floor ramped my anxiety up further and further, until I couldn't take it anymore and another surge of nausea struck. I rolled over as best I could and vomited on the floor as Thorn rubbed at my back and asked for Kieran to help out.