Chapter 16

Falling For My Brother's Bestfriend

2012 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 16

all natural me at the beach today ------------> ;p

enjoy babes <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A girlfriend? What girlfriend?

Everyone just stared at Aiden with eyes wide and mouths open. We were waiting for further explanation but Aiden just acted like it was normal attitude to just spit out that he has a significant other.

"A girlfriend? What girlfriend?" The funny thing about being so close to a best friend was that you were practically twin sisters. Which meant you thought the exact same things.

Aiden looked at her and looked at around as if to see for the first time that everyone was staring at him.

"Oh. Well since everyone's here and all..." he turned to me and flashed me his million dollar smile that made all the girls swoon. Taking my hands in his, he kissed them gently before holding them on my lap.

"I don't really have a speech prepared or anything but I just want you to know that I've liked you for as long as I remember. Blair Brookelle Bradley, will you please be my girlfriend?"

One of those moments where you just wanted to say "L.O.L" out loud followed by a "is this real life?" statement.

The table was quiet except for my heart beating loudly like it was pressed up against my ear. It was so loud that I wondered if anyone else could hear it. 

Aiden cleared his throat. "You're making me nervous, Blairbear. I think my nose is bleeding again." 

Before he could move away, I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and said "Of course I'll be your girlfriend!"

I felt the tears sting my eyes. Is this really happening? The joy bubbled inside me and my lips tried to form more words but it came out in gibberish.

Aiden Carter Chambers is my boyfriend.

It took 16 years, after our first kiss, for us to be officially together. I couldn't even put my happiness into words.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I heard Blake say behind me.

"Finally, Jesus!" Carly praised.

The mother's were ecstatic, muttering words like "Oh my God, I've been waiting for this!" and: "Ever since they were kids..." Everyone else's cheery comments were lost from how high above a cloud I was. I felt like nothing could bring me down.

Of course you know what they say when you begin to find happiness...

Life brings you down.

~

After the new announcement has died down and the rest of us finished saying our thanks, everyone had taken the food like there was no tomorrow.

You'd think you've seen how hungry they were from yesterday's breakfast, with the bacon and all, but boys will be boys. And boys will eat like starving pigs.

Aiden's nose was healed and the bloody tissues were thrown away. He would sneak glances at me and whenever he could, he would put his hand on my knee or around my shoulder. I was so happy that my cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

It still didn't hit me that this was for real happening, that the boy I've been in love with for 16 years finally returned the feelings. Well, I didn't know if he loved me back but for now, him liking me and being my boyfriend would be enough.