Chapter 20

Falling For My Brother's Bestfriend

2012 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 20

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aiden's POV

2 days before

The lovestruck smile that was on my face hasn't left since the day I put my lips on Blair Bradley's. 16 years later, it just got bigger.

I had just walked her to her first morning class and was now headed towards mine. I threw the empty coffee cup in the nearest trash bin and kept walking.

"Aiden, right?" I didn't like that voice because I knew that voice belonged to someone I dispised. 

Turning around, there he was, Chase Scott in the flesh. "Right." I said through gritted teeth. I remembered his last words to Blair and I a week ago, his threatening voice repeated in my head. "What do you want?" I asked him.

"I just want to talk about some information I found." Chase moved forward. We were at least a foot apart and I wanted nothing more to just lift my right hand and send him flying. "Blair never talked about her father and it got me really curious. Do you know what happened to him?"

Uh-oh, this doesn't sound good. "I am aware." I replied.

Chase pulled out a couple of printer papers and held them out for me to see. They were copies of newspaper clippings from 16 years ago. 'General Robert Bradley filed as dead from safe house bombing' one of the headings said 'body not found' another said.

The last clipping was what caught my attention and I remembered it from when Blake read it to me. The heading said 'Military Miracle' dated of late last year and my thoughts went off to the words below:

'General Robert Bradley was filed dead 16 years ago from a bombing in Iraq that occured in one of the hidden safe houses. Although there were many soldiers found dead, non of the ones that were listed in the mission was found missing except for one. It just so happens that General Bradley had escaped the bombing and was rescued by people from a nearby town. With severe injuries, he was patched up by the local healer. He survived but had lost half of his left leg and a scar will forever be upon his left cheek caused by a deep cut. Since there was no way to contact the United States military, seen as it was forbidden to do so by the Iraq community, it took 14 years for Robert Bradley to be found. When he was discovered, he was kept secret by the government until he was better and they've gathered all the information he has required. Although his injuries were healed, Doctors checked up on him to make sure of the fact. A year and a half later, he was released.'

"Technology's a great thing. It's amazing what you can find on google. It surprised me that Blair hasn't found it yet." Chase said, breaking through his thoughts.

"Why are you doing this? This has nothing to do with you." Anger built up inside me and I stepped forward till I was looking down at the low-life prick.

"I like Blair, simple as that. It's rare to find a girl like that." he said, his words true. 

"To fucking bad, she's mine." I growled at him.

Ignoring what I said, he folded up the papers and slipped it in his back pocket. "I'm guessing she doesn't know and I'm guessing that you and her ass of a brother know but you haven't told her."

His reference to Blake made me even angrier and I gripped the color of his shirt. Chase's face flashed from being scared to angry. "Stay out of our business." I said to him.

"Blair's my business." was all he said.

"What's the matter with you? This kind of stalker and obsessive thing is what's making her push you away. You two could've been good friends." I let go of his shirt but didn't back up.