chapter 8

She was still laughing at her bucket list and the skinny dipping part which he promised to fulfill. Lucas has taken off his hold on her hand and put his arm on her waist and gathered her close. 

They have stopped to enjoy the sunset. She lays her head on his chest and listens to the sound of the pounding of his heart on her ear. She savored the moment. She has always been a romantic at heart, and at this moment with him holding her, staring at each other, and at the sunset, was the most amazing thing for her. 

The sun cast a wonderful hue around them, making the whole place vibrant with red, orange, and yellow colors. She felt him touch her face and before she could ask him, he dipped his head and kissed her. He had kissed her many times, but this kiss felt different. Maybe, it was the sunset that made the kiss magical and mystical, or the Malibu Sunset cocktail that she had drunk before their walk. 

But whatever that was, she responded and kissed him back with the same fervor. In this kiss, she also opened her heart to him and let him know that she is his for the taking. She is under his spell and she would be willing to let go of all her reservations just to be with him. 

He rested his chin on her head as he gathered his breathing, then he fished something from his pocket, and moved away from her, as he offered her a small box. 

"Open it," he said as he smiled tenderly at her. 

"You don't have to give me gifts," she replied. But got the box from his hand as he insisted for her to accept it. She opened the box and gasped when she found what was nestled inside it.

It was another Cartier jewelry. A Cartier love necklace. The locket is a two-ring intertwined with each other. The other ring has diamonds embedded around it. 

"I don't think I can accept it," she finally found her voice as she finished admiring the craftsmanship of the necklace. "It is too much," was all she can say.

But Lucas got the necklace from her hand and unlock the chain and put it around her neck. "A simple thank you is all I need," he said. 

She can feel the weight of the necklace on her neck and wondered how she can pay it if she ever lost it. But those thoughts went out of her head as the afternoon sun has sunk into the horizon behind them, and all she can feel was his warmth as he enclosed her in another embrace, and his kiss sent a tingle all over her body. 

The night air was still warm as they finished their meal and drove home. When Lucas parked the car he shifted on his seat to look at her, and with a wicked smile on his face he said, "I think it is high time we will cross the number four off your bucket list".  She laughed and shook her head. She doesn't think she has the courage to do that. 

He didn't let her off the hook as he opened the passenger door and hauled her off and carried her with him to the back of the house. She was laughing all the way as she put her arms on his neck. She didn't let go of him as he put her down by the side of the pool. 

He made a move to jump to the pool so she untangled herself from him and ran towards the house. He ran after her and they were laughing hilariously as she dashed in and out between the lounging chairs to keep him from catching her. 

He caught her easily and she wiggled out of his arms as he walked to the edge of the pool but to no avail as he was holding her tight. She laughed but she held her breath when he jumped to the pool. They made a huge splash as they got in the water. He was keeping her safe as they were in the water. 

Laughing, she moved away from him when he released her. She kicked in a few strokes as she floated on her back. The water felt good as it enveloped her. She moved to the side of the pool and stood there watching him as he swam towards with a naughty smile on his lips. She giggled in response to him. She made another attempt to run away from him but, this time he trapped her with his body. 

He pulled her towards the deeper side of the pool where the water was below her chest. With the soft glow of the lights illuminating from the living room walls, he undressed in front of her. When the last of his clothing was removed, he said, "Your turn." 

She was frozen to the spot, she was still deliberating whether to go through with it or not when he made the decision for her. "It is not allowed to wear a dress in the pool," he said, as he unzipped the dress. He slowly ran the zipper down her body, inhaling softly as he took the pleasure of exposing her chest to him. He traced them with his lips and showered them with his kisses. Her breathing has become shallow as she watched him slowly take her clothing away, replacing them with his touch and kisses. 

And she realized that skinny dipping had made her feel sexy and wet.