Chapter 13 - Moving to the USA

I wake up to the sounds of cling and clatter in the kitchen. When I open my eyes, It hits me that I am in Siddharth's room. If only the whole marriage was a bad dream, which I leave, Unfortunately, it wasn't. 

It was still pretty dark in the room, which makes me believe that it must still be early in the day. Siddharth is lying on his bed comfortably, while I get up for the day ahead. Today I will be flying to the States with Siddharth, my new 'husband'. It was a dreadful and frightening thought, being alone in a new country with only Siddharth, my greatest enemy. 

I barely got sleep last night. I was tossing and turning all night long.

 I quietly grab my clothes from my bag and head to the shower. The longer Siddharth was asleep, the better. 

I take a quick shower, and get changed into my blown saree. It was the type of saree Siddharth would call 'ugly' or 'unfashionable', but I love the simpleness of it. 

As I head out of the room, I am greeted by Aunt Aadhya who is busily preparing breakfast

As I head out of the room, I am greeted by Aunt Aadhya who is busily preparing breakfast. She usually wakes up at 5am and begins the preparations for the day. 

"Good Morning Dear. Aw, You look so elegant in that saree" She compliments hugging me

I give her a smile. 

"Why did you wake up so early dear? It's only 6? You should've rested before your long flight" She says

Damn. That reminds me of the 16 hour flight to America with Siddharth. How would I cope 16 hours with that monster. Not only is he annoying and impert, but he abused me last night. I cannot live with someone like him. 

Stopping my train of thoughts, Aunt Aadhya asks me to help make breakfast for the family. My parents had stayed the night in a hotel, so that we could have more 'privacy', thankfully they would be coming back in a few hours. 

"Everything fine between you two?" Questions Aunt Aadhya

I did want to tell her what happened. I wanted to tell her how her son slapped me and threatened to torture me, but I stop myself. The only reason I said yes to this marriage was for the sake of our families. If they knew I was gloomy, it would dishearten them. 

"Yeah, it's fine " I lie

Aunt Aadhya notices the instability in my tone, and is rapid to offer advice. 

"Dear, every marriage is hard. When Samar and I got married, the first few days were difficult, learning to live together and all. But I'll assure you, Siddharth is a gem, he will treat you like a princess once he gets comfortable. I know he might be... a bit repulsive now, but he is just healing from the pain he suffered after Alia left. I have a good feeling about this marriage." She assures me 

"Mmm" I mumble 

Before I know it, the monster awakens. His hair is a mess, but his toned body, dreamy brown eyes and succulent lips make my heart skip a beat. It was no secret that Siddharth was handsome. I mean, he was above handsome. He was gorgeous.